Pattern Regular VS Fender's Mid 60's C

newfmp3

Anyone got these two necks? How would you compare the two? for someone who likes smaller necks which one?
mid 60's oval C on Custom Shop guitars vs Pattern Regular.

I've got someone thinking of going with a PRS. But he lives away from me. He has a CS strat, and wants to know how my neck would compare. I love the Pattern Reg, its my favorite neck, but the only fender I got is a Select Tele with a Modern C. I don't now what to tell him

If its against forum rules to mention the F word, sorry. Just delete the entire thing I'll understand.

from what I have read, the modern c is thinner then the CS Mid 60's oval. When I go from my Custom 24 to my Tele, I almost feel the tele is fatter or wider or something, I can't put my finger on it. So is the 60's fatter again?
here's a bad cell phone shot

Last edited:
ok thanks. I'm happy with both, but, and I'm not just saying this, the PRS is in another league entirely.

I think I need another :)

Hey newfmp3, Funny, no matter what you have, there always seems to be the next required axe...

Not much you can do about it. It's science. Merely a function of Alan's Theorem:

gR = gO +1

where gR is the number of guitars you require, and gO is the number of guitars you currently own.

There are analogous calculations for amplifiers, pedals, picks, T-shirts, CDs, etc.

Best of all, being scientific, no woman can argue with it on a factual basis, although many have been known to have irrational, emotional reactions to it. Unfortunately, the only known cure to such a reaction is to apply the theorem to women's shoes, or - in extreme cases only - jewelry.

Not much you can do about it. It's science. Merely a function of Alan's Theorem:

gR = gO +1

where gR is the number of guitars you require, and gO is the number of guitars you currently own.

There are analogous calculations for amplifiers, pedals, picks, T-shirts, CDs, etc.

Best of all, being scientific, no woman can argue with it on a factual basis, although many have been known to have irrational, emotional reactions to it. Unfortunately, the only known cure to such a reaction is to apply the theorem to women's shoes, or - in extreme cases only - jewelry.

....or just subtract the woman all together :)

Unfortunately, this only works if your woman wears shoes and/or jewelry.

Anyone got these two necks? How would you compare the two? for someone who likes smaller necks which one?
mid 60's oval C on Custom Shop guitars vs Pattern Regular.

I've got someone thinking of going with a PRS. But he lives away from me. He has a CS strat, and wants to know how my neck would compare. I love the Pattern Reg, its my favorite neck, but the only fender I got is a Select Tele with a Modern C. I don't now what to tell him

If its against forum rules to mention the F word, sorry. Just delete the entire thing I'll understand.

from what I have read, the modern c is thinner then the CS Mid 60's oval. When I go from my Custom 24 to my Tele, I almost feel the tele is fatter or wider or something, I can't put my finger on it. So is the 60's fatter again?
here's a bad cell phone shot

I have a 1959 Esquire with a mid 60's C. It is fairly thin, .83 at the neck. My only PRS has a wide fat neck. Big difference. My 51 Nocaster's neck is .96 at the nut.

Of course PRS list their neck dimensions on the website. If you go to Wildwood Guitars and look at their Custom shop Fenders, they measure and list neck dimensions. Very helpful when very few, if any, local shops stock such animals.

PK1-1.jpg
9230c690-bc7f-45a7-a73a-770730e49142.jpg

Back