Pattern Regular necks on Custom 24/24-08?

CivoLee

Hello all, I am a newcomer to the PRS clan, having only had an SE Standard 24 and now a used '92 Standard 24. I would've joined up around 2011/12, but the Les Paul bug caught me instead. I got an Epiphone Standard, then a Tokai Love Rock (because I couldn't afford a full spec gloss with binding LP from Gibson). I got the SE as a backup for gigs and to have a guitar with a whammy bar. After selling the Love Rock to help pay off my student loans, it became my main guitar, and made me realize a PRS is a better guitar for the kind of music I make (punk-ish alternative rock with touches of ambient and prog). I still like Les Pauls, but not as a main guitar.

Someday I'd like to have a Custom 24 in Charcoal Cherry Burst, but they only seem to be offered with Pattern Thin necks after having previously been offered with both Pattern Thin and Pattern Regular necks. I find the regular neck on my core Standard more comfortable than the Wide Thin on my SE was. Are there any plans to offer both necks again once the economy/supply chain normalizes a bit? It seemed like the CU24 had always been offered with both necks until this year.

I mean, I suppose I could try out a Pattern Thin when I get in the market for a CU24 (which won't be for a while), after all I did get used to the Wide Thin on the SE after being more used to the thicker neck on the Love Rock. Or I could try to find one secondhand, but I want to support the company and there's no feeling like being a guitar's first owner...

Sorry, didn't mean for this to get posted twice...it wasn't showing up the first time.

Not sure of your timeframe for purchase but if you wait it will come maybe even in the color your looking for! I have a 2011 CU24 with a pattern regular neck and I have no issue swapping between that and other CU24’s with pattern thin/ wide thin, my personal fav. Good luck.

Back