Partita #1 For Solo Piano. Yeah, I know...

László

Too Many Notes
Hey, you know this is a guitar forum, I know this is a guitar forum, but I haven't written any piano music in eons, and I started this one today, so I thought I'd share.

"No one's interested in piano here, Les."

"Yeah, I know. But maybe someone will glom onto it by accident and like it."

EDIT -

I did a better, more measured performance, and an improved mix (took the reverb out).

https://soundcloud.com/lschefman/pa...d&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

Last edited:
I accidentally like it ;)

“You accidently like everything, with those muckle big thumbs of yours!”

“Hey!! What’s wrong with my thumbs?!”

“Well they’re clumsy like you!”

“OK, fair enough, you’ve made your point. Nice pianist though”

“How do you know, you can’t even play guitar that well! What do you know about composition?!”

“I’m outta here!”

I liked it.
I was thinking of giving piano a try this year. I mean, there is a baby grand in my dining room after all.

I made the significant mistake of selling my grand when I moved to my current condo. So I'm jealous. Yes, why not learn piano? One of my best pals is a great scoustic guitarist, but he learned piano and he's not only very good at it, there are times I think he's a better player than I am.

I was listening to Cactus and then immediately switched on your piano tune, Les. It was a dramatic change. :p

But the real compliment here is that my wife walked into the room and said, "What's that piano music you were just listening to? I'd like to listen to that while I paint." You have a fan!

You have no idea how happy your wife's comment made me. Thanks for passing that along!

On re-listening to the recording, I think it sounds a bit rushed now, and I think I banged too hard on the piano in lots of spots. Also, I got a little heavy-handed with the reverb.

So I'm going to try it again at a more measured pace, and remix the reverb. I'll be happy to send her the new recording when it's done.

Last edited:
You have no idea how happy your wife's comment made me. Thanks for passing that along!

On re-listening to the recording, I think it sounds a bit rushed now, and I think I banged too hard on the piano in lots of spots. Also, I got a little heavy-handed with the reverb.

So I'm going to try it again at a more measured pace, and remix the reverb. I'll be happy to send her the new recording when it's done.

She would like that! Thanks!

Hey, you know this is a guitar forum, I know this is a guitar forum, but I haven't written any piano music in eons, and I started this one today, so I thought I'd share.

"No one's interested in piano here, Les."

"Yeah, I know. But maybe someone will glom onto it by accident and like it."

EDIT -

I did a better, more measured performance, and an improved mix (took the reverb out).

https://soundcloud.com/lschefman/partita-v2

Amazing as always my man!!

Makes me almost wish I wouldn't have intentionally yacked on my teachers piano as a kid.

In my defense...I'm pretty convinced she was Satan...or at least one of his side pieces.o_O

My 10 year old self: Piano schmiano...I want to be Ace Frehley DAMMIT!!:mad:

I was listening to Cactus and then immediately switched on your piano tune, Les. It was a dramatic change. :p

But the real compliment here is that my wife walked into the room and said, "What's that piano music you were just listening to? I'd like to listen to that while I paint." You have a fan!

Great idea! I love listening to classical guitar and or piano when I draw. I'll have to put @LSchefman into my rotation as well.

Back