Paisley Fabric Pattern???

SkyScraper

Does anyone know the name or a source for the brown paisley PRS uses? I have a Blistertone and I would like to have a matching 2x12 cab. I've been haunting reverb, craigslist, eBay, etc., and those cabs just don't come up for sale very often. If they do, they're typically paired with a head and I only need the cab. I'm thinking that recovering a tolex cab or making one from scratch might be my only options.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg

Someone else did some digging a while back, and found out it was long discontinued. Gotta hunt one down I’m afraid.

I was afraid of that... Hoping for a glimmer of hope but not expecting anything. Back to stalking the gear pages, or perhaps I should just settle for nice black, normal cabinet... What am I saying??? Of course I'll keep hunting.

Thanks for the heads up.

I too would like a gold paisley cab (1x12 for me) to match match my HXDA 1x12 combo. And yeah, the fabric simply does not exist in the wild.

Shoulda bought one of the cabs available when I was first looking...but I thought I could wait and grab one easily (or at least eventually) at a later time. Haven't seen one in a couple of years now.

I've been doing some serious hunting. I found the pattern in a couple different colorways, but not in the black/brown/gold. I called the manufacturer to see if they had any discontinued colorways and they said that the colors they currently offer (brick red and beige) are the only colors they've ever offered... The fabric is a Jacquard and was made in India. That makes me think that the mill in India has had the pattern for quite awhile and the buyer from the US company I found ordered in the colors they thought would be popular. I suspect that means PRS may have custom ordered the same pattern from the same mill with different thread colors...

5341801-03394-brick-by-trend.jpg

Bottom line, I can order the fabric in the wrong color, then dye it black. A black paisley cabinet won't match like a twin, but it will look like it belongs to the same family.

Now to find the correct grill cloth!!!

I've been doing some serious hunting. I found the pattern in a couple different colorways, but not in the black/brown/gold. I called the manufacturer to see if they had any discontinued colorways and they said that the colors they currently offer (brick red and beige) are the only colors they've ever offered... The fabric is a Jacquard and was made in India. That makes me think that the mill in India has had the pattern for quite awhile and the buyer from the US company I found ordered in the colors they thought would be popular. I suspect that means PRS may have custom ordered the same pattern from the same mill with different thread colors...

5341801-03394-brick-by-trend.jpg

Bottom line, I can order the fabric in the wrong color, then dye it black. A black paisley cabinet won't match like a twin, but it will look like it belongs to the same family.

Now to find the correct grill cloth!!!
I admire your persistent sleuthing. Any idea how much fabric you'll need to keep the pattern on the cabinet true to the head?

Not sure... If I find it I'll probably get enough to do a few cabs and heads. I have customers who may bring their stuff to me for repair at some point. It would be sweet to be able to pull out a bolt of this stuff 10 years from now and be superman for someone. If I can't find it, I'll probably get a batch custom made and offer it to the poor souls in my position.

Is this paisley Jacquard woven fabric that you found upholstery or drapery weight? I have an HX/DA head and cabinet with the charcoal flame faceplate with black tolex, and you have me thinking about looking for some fabric :rolleyes: and trying to recovering it :eek:

What other colorways did you find?

They've got black paisley tolex but it doesn't hold a candle to the fabric stuff.

I thought about the Western but I may yet move someplace else. If I move to Indiana I don't want you and Boogie saying "Why in the world ..." I mean, it would be like bringing bagpipes to China.

Is this paisley Jacquard woven fabric that you found upholstery or drapery weight? I have an HX/DA head and cabinet with the charcoal flame faceplate with black tolex, and you have me thinking about looking for some fabric :rolleyes: and trying to recovering it :eek:

What other colorways did you find?
This is upholstery weight. The colors are the jpg shown and an all beige (really light).

And BTW... I found the cab I was looking for in Germany... It's heading to the states on Monday. That said, I'm still on the hunt. If I find the fabric, I'll make my own cab and sell the PRS one for the $$$. I'm certain there are folks who want the collector value more than I do. I just want it to look cool and sound good.

I think they’d let you in if you were willing to eat White Castle.

In civilized places there’s Shake Shack, where they actually serve fun food made from excellent ingredients; the burgers are vegetarian fed Angus beef, for example, and the food’s delicious.

There aren’t any in Indiana.

Maybe some day... ;)

Back