Paint Chipping/Lifting Off from Body

Bisayako

Hi All and Greetings!

I recently purchased a 2014 DGT a few months ago and have been playing this guitar almost every night since I got it. This is currently going back to the dealer for an un-related nut-binding issue since I changed the stock 11's to 10's. :iamconfused: and just tonight as I was checking the guitar for any dings/scratches I noticed the paint on the sides where it meets the natural binding has chipped off a bit. I tried to look at it at a different angle and I could see that the paint has lifted, I can run and feel it in my fingers as well. Has anybody having this issue?

It has lived mostly in the basement where I keep all my guitars, I monitor humidity on a daily basis & etc. I have a 2005 CU22 in the same room and has been with me in the past 10 years and the only finish related issue I have are the one on the sides of the fretboard that has been commonly discussed. And should this be going straight to the MD facility or the dealer? Any info greatly appreciated.
Photos:
PhotoJan1513358AM.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
PhotoJan1511045AM.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It's an awesome Goldtop BTW. I love every bit of this thing! Mabuhay!

PhotoJan1513422AM.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'd send the pics to customer service, and they will no doubt set you up with the PTC to correct the finish.

Thank you all for the response, I've sent photos to the dealer and they're handing over the work at PRS, should be hearing from them soon. Will update this thread and hopefully with a proper NGD. =)

Back