P90 to Humbucker Conversion

FJ4

Hi everyone!

Has anybody converted a P90/Soapbar guitar to humbucker? I ´ve been told there would be a very small part of the larger P90 hole outside the humbucker pickup ring, just a very small gap. I am interested to see a photo if anyone has done it.

I've done it twice. In both cases the humbucker ring covered the entire hole, but... I could see a little bit of the edge of the P90 route because it is rounded when it makes the 90 degree turn and becomes the top. From a few feet away, I couldn't see it but I while holding it.

Hi Hans. Do the humbuckers fit or stay in the same position as in a normal humbucker guitar? Not closer or further from bridge (bridge pickup) or neck (neck pickup)?

Hi Hans. Do the humbuckers fit or stay in the same position as in a normal humbucker guitar? Not closer or further from bridge (bridge pickup) or neck (neck pickup)?
It depends on the way you route the hum bucker cavity. Do it right and it will be in the same position. Do it wrong and it won't.

If you're off a millimeter or two, I seriously doubt you would hear the difference.

Why would you ruin an otherwise perfect P90 guitar? :dontknow:

;) I'd buy another guitar.

Back