p90 replacement for soapbar2 guitar?? noisless prefered...

jageya

Looking to replace the p90s...they are noisey as they should be but looking for noiseless type..or super quiet ones.. any advice?...dimarzio dlx? virtual p90?...manilus quiet goat??...looking for a reasonable priced set or even just bridge>>>> emg p90hz???..alunitones??

Lindy fralin makes hum bucking p 90 I have them in my les Paul powerful ,and quiet as a mouse.

sounds like a stacked p90 is what your looking for. Like Bluesboy posted, lindy fralin or maybe gibby p100 if you can find them.

Be aware that some stacked designs won't fit. Actually, all stacked ones when I did my research several years ago. The thin body doesn't give much room for extra height.

I have the VP-90 in the neck and the DLX-90 in the bridge. The VP gets a good single coil vibe, and the DLX is closer to a regular HB. They sound great together. It's a good set for versatility when plugging straight into an amp. Overall the guitar has a real in-your-face sound that always pushes the amp harder than my other guitars. For that reason, I don't play it a lot and I'm thinking of trying out a set of mini hums.

The noise is just the nature of the beast. You may find a couple noiseless p90 pickups but you may not like how they sound. Just Pick ones that sound the best to you and get an ISP decimator. I just ordered a Bareknuckle warpig p90 bridge it should be here any day now!

Last edited:
I'm with Brad737 on this. I used to have a Gibson ES-135 in the '90's, and while I wouldn't say the P-100's sounded awful, they didn't sound like P-90's.
Check out the current issue of Premier Guitar--they do a review of a bunch of noiseless P-90 replacement pickups. Good article.

While not noiseless, the Thorn GT90's are still possibly THE best-sounding P-90 pickups I've heard to date. He was just running a sale on them for the new year so I grabbed 3 sets, I think you might have just missed the cut-off date for the sale priced sets though. :(

P-100's don't fit the Soapbar II. Too tall. I was bummed, because that's what I tried first (I'm in the minority who likes them).

GuitarFetish makes a P-90 humbucker called the Soapbar 180. I have no idea how they sound, though.

Back