P90 Guitar

tiboy

I find myself wanting a P90 equipped guitar. Anyone have actual experience with the PRS SC594 Soapbar and the Gibson 1956 Goldtop Reissue with P90’s? Comparisons appreciated.

Obviously, I’m all about the triple soapies. Pm me for more info. #3 will be going on eBay soon. The p90 LP was okay. The 594 I played had more cojones. I hear the the 25” scale as being much more in tune above the 12th fret. There also a certain raw treble sound my ears like, that I only seem to be able to get with PRS with soapies and a tube amp.

I’ve had quite a few P90 guitars over the years, mostly Gibson. They were ok, but didn’t have the sound that, oddly, I thought Gibson P90s were known for. I tried Ernie Ball, nice but not that sound. I even tried a PRS Mira P90, and it was a great guitar, but still not the sound I remember from the 60s rockers using them back when. Then I got a 594 Soapbar Limited. Bam! That awesome tone from the first day. The special Soapbar pickups they used, combined with the spectacular build quality of the 594, created a real keeper of a guitar.

If you want a real deal P90 tone machine, you’ll find it here. Mine is pictured below.

hUv2OAB.jpg

I’ve had quite a few P90 guitars over the years, mostly Gibson. They were ok, but didn’t have the sound that, oddly, I thought Gibson P90s were known for. I tried Ernie Ball, nice but not that sound. I even tried a PRS Mira P90, and it was a great guitar, but still not the sound I remember from the 60s rockers using them back when. Then I got a 594 Soapbar Limited. Bam! That awesome tone from the first day. The special Soapbar pickups they used, combined with the spectacular build quality of the 594, created a real keeper of a guitar.

If you want a real deal P90 tone machine, you’ll find it here. Mine is pictured below.

hUv2OAB.jpg
If that guitar sounds half as good as it looks, sheesh!

Back