P245!

Interesting... With the new 58/15 pups - which, I see, is also in the new sc245 - no more 57/08s in those apparently.

Eagerly awaiting tone reports.....

I wonder if the 58/15s are the production version of the 'tweaked 57/08s' that went on the recent McCarty Singlecut PS run...

Love the model, but I still don't get "pattern regular" neck. :iamconfused:

Wait......artist package specs read "Pattern." :iamconfused::iamconfused:

Is that right?

Last edited:
Yes! GAS has returned. Love this with the artist package, hope it stays in the line up for a while. What can I sell, hmmm...

If the AP tops were more consistent (some I LOOOOOOOVE, look as good a PS tops in some cases, while others I'm not thrilled about considering the price tag and ordering blind :redface:) I'd be QUITE tempted to spec out an AP P245 next year. That's the format for my current #1 and I love the combo of the 245 plus piezo, just not sure if I'm willing to order the AP and cross my fingers or if I'll wait and see if any dealers order one or two that turn out amazing enough to force me to pull the trigger... ;) Either way, I'm excited that PRS is adding these to the core roster finally! :D

Well, fudge. I thought that I was on the way to another Private Stock. Looks like I might have to stop along the way.

What's the difference between Pattern and Pattern Regular?

From the PRS Support page, http://www.prsguitars.com/csc/neckprofiles.html

PATTERN NECK SHAPES - CURRENT

Neck shapes have always been a high priority for PRS and a hallmark of our quality. A guitar should feel comfortable, like "home," as soon as you pick it up, and the neck is paramount to that connection. These new neck shapes reflect modern tooling and programming that allows us to even more preciously shape and consistently reproduce our necks.

Perfected after years of prototyping, the new "Pattern" neck is an updated Wide Fat PRS neck style based on Paul’s pre-factory design. These necks were found on the instruments built for Carlos Santana, Peter Frampton and Howard Leese from the late 70’s to the mid 80’s.

The new "Pattern Regular" neck shape is similar to the traditional PRS regular neck found on guitars made in the late 80’s at PRS’s former Virginia Avenue location.

The "Pattern Thin" neck is an updated version of PRS’s traditional Wide Thin neck.

and specific measurements:

WIDTH OF THE FRETBOARD AT THE NUT:
◾Pattern, Wide Fat - 1 11/16"
◾Pattern Thin, Wide Thin - 1 11/16"
◾Pattern Regular, Regular - 1 21/32"
◾12 String - 1 47/64"

WIDTH AT THE BODY
◾Pattern, Wide Fat - 2 1/4"
◾Pattern Thin, Wide Thin - 2 1/4"
◾Pattern Regular, Regular - 2 1/4"
◾12 String - 2 19/64"

NECK DEPTH AT THE NUT
◾Pattern, Wide Fat - 27/32"
◾Pattern Thin, Wide Thin - 25/32"
◾Pattern Regular, Regular - 27/32"
◾12 String - 27/32"

Cool to see the piezo on a short scale, SC solid body! I bet AP turns out some real jaw droppers with this model.

Since I have one of the Brian's Guitars Wood Library P245's on order I had Brian check with PRS on the neck carve; he confirmed with PRS that all P245 models will have the PATTERN carve...

Since I have one of the Brian's Guitars Wood Library P245's on order I had Brian check with PRS on the neck carve; he confirmed with PRS that all P245 models will have the PATTERN carve...

And I see PRS web page corrected the specs to read "pattern" for both.

Now, my favorite PRS offering.

:congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats:

Last edited:
Check out the output jacks. It's not the same as the usual piezo jackplate. I don't see a battery compartment.

Check out the output jacks. It's not the same as the usual piezo jackplate. I don't see a battery compartment.

Likely stuffed into the cavity under the back plate, or a separate compartment on the back.

I think you're just not seeing the full jack in the picture used on the site. Look at the screw placement on the P22 jack plate, same exact screw placement, but you can see enough of it in the picture to see the battery compartment is just further to the left:

main2.jpg

PRS_P22-3.jpg

The P245 likely uses the exact same assembly (doubt they would create yet another one when they developed the jack plate for the same application, solidbody + piezo), you just might not be able to see the battery compartment in the picture they used on the site:

main4.jpg

Take a look at the sides of the jack harness though, you can see it extends above the line for the faux maple binding, see how it doesn't stop after the piezo output jack? It likely extends all the way out to the standard battery compartment just like the P22. ;)

Good call!! Haha I just flipped my HB2 over and saw the middle set of screws I've never noticed.

the Standard neck spec on these IS the pattern. the pattern replaced the wide fat basically. the Pattern reg is a tad narrower. I prefer the pattern.

this is pretty much like a dream guitar to me. I have liked the sc245 but was never overly crazy of the need to 4 knobs ( 2 vol 2 tone) this is more like the older Singlecuts and now has coil tap on tone! I was not crazy about the 5 way settings on the P22 I had. to me this would be way more versatile! plus the Pattern neck! then to have the piezo sound would be cool.

Last edited:
Back