P245 Semi-Hollow = Full Hollow

David Grantham

If the P245 Semi-Hollow = Full Hollow then count me in :)
At Last! The PRS short scale HB has arrived!

Last edited:
The maths, they don't add up. 1/2 != 2/2. It's right there in the title -- you wouldn't want a hemisphere all of a sudden turn into a sphere, would you? Getting around the globe would all of a sudden prove to be space travel. And then Hemisemidemiquavers would all of a sudden be hemidemiquavers, and it'd be like we were going back years in our lessons.

water-105556049824.jpeg

I wonder what the back looks like. If there is a plate for the electronics, would be tough to reach that volume knob from the piezo assembly.

Maybe Hunter from PRS can chime in on the facts of how this is built? I agree the guy in the video makes it sound like a full hollowbody much like a HBII, but since the name of the model is "P245 semi-hollow" I'm thinking there are some other chambering differences?

Maybe Hunter from PRS can chime in on the facts of how this is built? I agree the guy in the video makes it sound like a full hollowbody much like a HBII, but since the name of the model is "P245 semi-hollow" I'm thinking there are some other chambering differences?

Yeah, I was confused by that video as well. With the same nomenclature for the S2 Semi-Hollows (which are definitely NOT fully hollow), I assumed the chambering would be somewhat similar to these, which contradicts what he says in the video.

In addition to the statement in the video can anyone confirm that this is indeed fully hollow?

There is obviously a bit of confusion here. Perhaps best to contact PRS?
I just found out from PRS that it is officially semi hollow. Maybe they could offer a short scale option as part of their artist package. :)

Last edited:
Back