P245 Question

Stratman62

Hi all. First time posting. Im considering buying a semi hollow p245 but am concerned about feedback when playing in a band setting. I previously owned a Hollowbody I and sold it because the feedback was unbearable. If there are any concerns i could just buy a solidbody with piezo.

I play in a band with my P245 semi hollow and it doesn’t feedback at all for me. It’s great having the piezo option as well.

Under very high gain, I've experienced a little more feedback than I usually would - but not necessarily in a bad way, its more natural if that makes sense. It was my first PRS, and is an incredible guitar, so versatile and full of character. I'd highly recommend

A semi-hollow is a totally different beast from a hollow. The semi hollow will be much less prone to feedback. Note that the Zack Myers model is advertised for high gain.

Neither my P245 SH nor my SE Zach Myers has exhibited over-the-top feedback.

Which reminds me: I need to play them both a bit more! They've been a bit idle recently, doing a lot of acoustic work...

Thx for your responses. I pulled the trigger on a beautiful P245. Should be getting in in a few days. I already have a P22 but not crazy about the finish. If I like the P245 I will sell the P22.

I cant figure out how to insert a photo or i would have posted pic already. Tried looking at all the icons but cant find an insert photo one.

I cant figure out how to insert a photo or i would have posted pic already. Tried looking at all the icons but cant find an insert photo one.

You have to host them from an photo sharing site like Imgur or Flickr (stay away from Photobucket). Once you upload them there, you can either grab the bb code (there's a button for this on Imgur) and use the Image button from the tool bar (the one that looks like a sun over the mountains next to the Smiley button). I never have any luck with the Image button, so I just copy (hovering over my pic, not the page link) and paste into my post.

As bodia says, you insert links to photos using the Image tool (just right of the smiley button). All that tool does is wrap "IMG" tags around whatever link you insert - so you use it if you have the plain URL to the direct image. If you have the "BBCode" copied already from Imgur etc, you just paste that into the post - it already has the "IMG" tags wrapped around the link.

As hinted at with how the insert image tool works, the forum doesn't support uploading the photo from your PC to the forum - you have to upload to a third party site like Imgur, and use direct links to the public image location.

Back