P245 piezo and TC Bodyrez

elvis

Hamfisted String Banger
Got me a TC Bodyrez to go with my P245. The Bodyrez is a filter plus compressor, with one knob for effect depth.

I have to say, it does a really good job of getting rid of the honky piezo tone and makes it sound way more acoustic. I played it through my 2-channel H. Picked it was VERY acoustic-y, strummed, not so much, but still better than without. But that's through a guitar amp. I still need to try it through a hi-fi.

Taking what I thought I knew about the bodyrez, I put the P245 piezo through my AXE FX with compressor and no amp, but just turned up the compressor output. I added a graphic EQ with a V-shape and some reverb and delay. It sounds AMAZING. Picked or strummed, it is VERY acoustic.

Bottom-line: You could do this with a compressor and graphic EQ. But the Bodyrez is tiny and simple, so I like it as well. I will add it to my G System loops for sure, along with a clean boost.

I agree completely! The bodyrez does a great job improving my P-22 piezo tone for being such a small, simple device. You've really got to try it through a PA or other full range system.

Back