P22 Test Drive Yesterday

Scriptor

Played a PRS P22 at local shop yesterday ... great guitar ... very nice tones/sounds both acoustic and electric ... however, I really think the strings were 9's on the one I played (although the clerk kept saying he didn't know for sure but thought they were 10's .... he never did confirm) ... it was just more "slinky" than my Custom 22 or any other electric I've played with 10's ... sure felt like 9's to me and the intonation was not as good as other PRS's I've played (if 9's were put on there, a setup is probably required although I'd suggest they put 10's back on there) ... for my taste and playing, the 10's will be better ...

Also, I had been thinking that the P22 might replace my Custom 22 but after playing the P22 yesterday, I cannot say that for sure ... maybe if it had had 10's my opinion might be different ... the CU22 is sweet and I may not be able to part with it ... this creates a financial dilemma and may delay my P22 acquisition ...

Think I'll go back and pull another P22 from the wall to see if it feels like 10's or ask them to re-string the original one with confirmed 10's ... hmmm

If you see the thread on P22 stock strings - Shawn confirmed they come from the factory with 10's. Unlikely the shop restrung it.

I play 9's on all my other guitars and there was Zero adjustment playing this guitar with 10's. They do have a nice feel.... On the finance side, suprisingly I'm starting to see dealers with used P22's already offering some pretty nice values. ;)

Do P22s have the jumbo frets? Not sure if they do, but if so could explain 10s feeling slinkier...

Do P22s have the jumbo frets? Not sure if they do, but if so could explain 10s feeling slinkier...

not sure, but on the one I played yesterday, I was having trouble NOT bending strings ...:cool:

Dealers sometimes do put fresh strings on guitars on the sales floor, maybe they put .009s on it.

Back