P22 questions

Stevie F

Now sound report for my new CE24. I have now tried it for an hour or so. Plugged it into my Fender Hot Rod Deville 212. The guitar has a more crispy and trebly sound than my P22. Clean tone are amazing. All three humbucking positions give great clarity to the tone. On neck piosirtosition it is in the E335 area. Pulling the coil split almost trasfer it to a Strat sounwise. Then switching to tje dirty channel, I get a bit more «angry» humbucker than the P22, but still a good sound. The neck position gives great soloing Claptonesqe from the Creem peroioiod tonality. I dont have too much experience with Single coil overdrive so I need.to.test with my band.
How do you rate your P22?i have been concidering one for my next purchase,the whole concept of the p22 design apeals to me but never spoke to an owner /player i have seen a brand new a 2014 22 frets in a store not sold so it wont have the 85 15 pups i think it can be bought at a good price. Let me know what you think regards Stephen

Saturday I was gigging with one of my bands. I used both these two guitars. After the first song using the CE24 Reclaimed Wood, a guitar player from another local band came up to the stage asking me. "Is it, no it isn't, or is it really a Brazilian Reclaimed Wood?" I thought I was the only really nerdy guitar guy there, but I was wrong;-) By the way, the guitar worked fantastic! Unfortunately I have no pictures from the show, but I have a picture from preparing for the show.

nJXvEdt.jpg
Hi that p22 looks brilliant how does that sound and play ?concidering one for my next buy

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now my P22 is hogging all the practice and gig time.

I'd prefer a wide/fat neck but it's a great player that truly is most versatile. Love it!

The P22 is the perfect guitar for the player who wants a wide range of sounds including the dulcet tones of an acoustic via the PRS/LR Baggs Piezo system, but doesn't want the price **** and jazzier tone of the Hollowbody McCarty. Personally my next PRS is either gonna be a P22 or a 509.

My P22 stoptail gets the most play time of my 3 PRS thanks to its' versatility. I'm thinking seriously of adding a P24 trem (maybe a used one). The piezo really adds a lot, especially if you process and amplify it separately. I wouldn't even think of using a standalone acoustic/electric with my band unless we added several purely acoustic songs to our set.

Back