P22 pickups? What are they really?

huseyin isbilir

Deviant
I have a 2013 model P22 Wood Library, behind the pickups it is only written P22 but does someone know what they really are. As I searched it seems they might be 57/08 but there is no official info anywhere. Thanks guys.

Thanks guys, it is interesting though why PRS keeps using confusing names on pickups. If I did not know really what my pickups are I might have bought myself a 57/08 pickup set from ebay :). It would be a surprise :).

I have a 2013 P22 and the hang tag says P22 pickups. I sent the serial number to customer service and Shawn responded with the following:

"The P22 pickups are 57/08 pickups but they are wound so that they aren’t out of phase with the Piezo unit. Other than that, they are identical to 57/08’s."

I have a 2013 P22 and the hang tag says P22 pickups. I sent the serial number to customer service and Shawn responded with the following:

"The P22 pickups are 57/08 pickups but they are wound so that they aren’t out of phase with the Piezo unit. Other than that, they are identical to 57/08’s."

So what does that mean for someone who has pickups out of a P guitar but wants to put them in a different guitar without piezo.

So what does that mean for someone who has pickups out of a P guitar but wants to put them in a different guitar without piezo.

Not a thing, unless you're planning to mix a P22 pup with a different PRS pickup, in which case you'd just need to wire one of them "backwards" to get them in phase.

Back