P22/P24 Blend Control

Zukabak

Hi guys,

I've just purchased a P24, which I LOVE.. only had a day so I'm still getting used to the switching system etc.

One question to other owners though, my 'blend' pot for the piezo/magnetic mix seems to 'full on peizo' at 0 as well as 10. Surely that's not right?
I means if I roll the blend all the way off I end up with full on Piezo?!

Just wondered if everyone elses is the same?

Thanks!

So you are saying, no matter which way the blend/mix knob is turned - the piezo is always on? You never have a full magnetic signal? That doesn't sound right? I don't have one, but from what I remember it should go to a full mag pickup tone.

it`s really a volume control not so much a blend. At 0 you should hear no piezo and as you turn up volume it will bring more into mix. I always use two seperate cables so I never use the BLEND ability. also where you have the mini toggle will have an effect of things too. for some reason it sounds as if the pot is not working. go to full piezo on the toggle( clicked towards neck) then play it should act as a volume knob. if not somehting is wrong with the pot of wiring.

Sorry, my original post wasn't very clear..

I've resolved it now anway, it was just a lack of understanding of the control system I guess!

As Leeasam states, the 'blend' control (when using single cable via mix/mag) is basically just the volume control for the piezo.. HOWEVER, it's still overridden by the 'master' magnetic pickup volume control... so unless you're in 'piezo only' with the switch towards the neck, you can have the piezo volume on 10, but if your 'master' volume is rolled off you'll hear nothing.

Yep ... with single cable the Piezo control works differently than when using 2 cables ... it took me a while to get used to the differences as well ...

Back