P22 - Factory Stock Strings?

Rango

Okay here's first for me....

I've played it SO MUCH in the time I've had it that I'm starting to see abrasion in the winding of the D string! I just missed out on the "thank you" packs... so I'll have to go buy some strings. :wink:

I have a bunch of guitars but the P22 is my first PRS. I've had it 3 weeks and I've already decided it won't be my last PRS! :biggrin:

Hang tag says it came with 10.5 strings - I don't see any of that gage in the PRS store here so I'm guessing they were sourced outside PRS.

Maker and actual string gauges for the set would be great info! :top:

Hmmm... I just received my P22. My hang tag says 10s. I assume they all ship with the same strings. Anyone know what the POR strings for P22 are?

I'm LOVING this guitar. Played it at my church the day after I got it. Great piezo and electric tones. Plays so easy. My only complaints... setup is a bit wacky. Action is a bit high and bridge PU was cranked all the way up, way too high. I'll play awhile and let the guitar settle in and then set it up the way I like it.

Does the set have a wound 3rd string? If so, D'Addario makes a set of 10s w/a wound 3rd that I love for my HB piezo. A plain 3rd can sound a bit thin...

Jamie

Hmmm... I just received my P22. My hang tag says 10s. I assume they all ship with the same strings. Anyone know what the POR strings for P22 are?

I'm LOVING this guitar. Played it at my church the day after I got it. Great piezo and electric tones. Plays so easy. My only complaints... setup is a bit wacky. Action is a bit high and bridge PU was cranked all the way up, way too high. I'll play awhile and let the guitar settle in and then set it up the way I like it.

I don't know man, maybe one of the PRS Boyz here will weigh in? I'd read 10.5 somewhere.
Looks like 10 5 on my tag but maybe that's 10s?
58AD25B1-01E9-41D9-88ED-DFD440268EA0-1579-0000020668DCC1A5.jpg

Sorry tried to rotate it but Photobucket was having issues....

Last edited:
So, does D'Addario really make PRS strings?

I love PRS strings. I hate that I missed the strings for a year promotion, by getting my new Custom 24 a month or so too early. I haven't experienced one string breakage since I've been using these strings and I usually change strings every 9 or 12 gigs.

Oddly enough, I had bad results with actual D'Addario strings. For all their popularity and good reviews, every time I would attempt to switch to D'Addario strings, I'd experience constant string breakage and overall short string life.

Thanks all! Mystery solved. I'm going to stick with the PRS 10s for awhile. After things have settled in with the guitar, and I get it setup the way I like it, I can experiment with different strings.

On my Godin I used Elixer nanoweb electrics. They lasted really well, and worked nicely with piezos. But the PRS strings are sounding quite amazing on my P22!

I threw a set of the DGT 11 gauge strings from my thank you pack on my P24. Sounds and plays better, just took a quater turn on the truss rod to lower it back down and it is sweet. Lovin the thicker strings, feel and sound sooooogood.

I just received my P22. I'm LOVING this guitar. Played it at my church the day after I got it. Great piezo and electric tones. Plays so easy.

I was "afraid" of this ... I'm also "afraid" to try a P22 because I don't think I can avoid buying one. :biggrin:

Back