P20E Preferred Strings?

chriscbs

I just picked up a P20E yesterday and would love to hear everyone's preference of strings for this guitar.

I'm coming from a dreadnought and really like the Elixer Nanoweb Bronze Custom Lights, but I'm not sure if they're the best for the P20E.

I just put Stringjoy naturals phosphor bronze on mine and I love them. Stringjoy suggested custom gauges of:
.012, .016, .022w, .030, .038, .052

I play mostly in standard, open D and open G.

I just picked up a P20E yesterday and would love to hear everyone's preference of strings for this guitar.

I'm coming from a dreadnought and really like the Elixer Nanoweb Bronze Custom Lights, but I'm not sure if they're the best for the P20E.
Same situation here. Been an Elixir fan for years, have you changed the strings to another brand yet? Any big changes in the sound if so?

I am wondering whether to come down to 11’s on a p20e
Thoughts please. Also fancy a go at silk and steel.

I’m currently using Ernie Ball Earthwood light phosphor bronze 11s.

Can’t say I’ve noticed a lot of tonal differences to the standard 12s (over what you would expect from just putting new strings on). I do like the slightly lighter feel of them though for sure.

I should add that this change was part of an overall setup where a number of other things were also changed: flattened the neck and took down the bridge by almost 2mm, plus a little spot levelling and full fret polish. It now has a very low action (no buzz) and requires a very light touch to play. I’m much happier with it now.

Last edited:
After trying different strings & gauges, pure nickel round wound, D'addario, Pearce, elixer, I finally settled on DR Sunbeams, phosphor/bronze round core, 11/50. They play great, nice and slinky, bright, and long lasting (relatively).

I believe I've settled on those for my P20.

Back