P.T.C. Work Over (SE One)

Zephyr

So I have a SE Korina One, and absolutely love it, but, I want to take it over the top. I am planning on Phase 3 tuners with DGT buttons, U.S. nut, U.S. bridge (preferably a Paul's guitar version), Change out the stud wells with the U.S. one's for use with the brass U.S. studs and all U.S. pots, switch, jack and electronics etc. At the moment I'm thinking about a Starla pickgaurd so the pickup possibilities are endless. The control layout will probably be a 3 way toggle, 2 volumes and master tone, maybe a push pull tone that could work as a master in one position and bridge only tone in another? 2 p90's, humbucker bridge and p90 neck, traditional 408's, 408 bridge and narrowfield neck, 3 narrowfields, 2 narrow 408's, 3 narrow 408's, traditional 408's with a narrow 408 in the middle? I'm not sure. I want it to be dynamic and cover everything but metal well. I would also like to have it refinished in v12 or nitro and possibly U.S. frets. And some of you may wonder why I would put some much money into a SE, and the answer is simple. It was the first guitar my wife gave me. Not to mention it sound exceptionally good, especially for a SE. I would appreciate any opinions you guys have.
Thanks

I'm sort of leaning toward 2 narrow 408's or a treble 408 and a Narrowfield in the neck. The 408 and Narrowfield combo makes me think of a proprietary Prs humbucker and p90 neck combo, which I'm a fan of. The 2 narrow 408's I really like in humbucker but are not my thing in single coil, not thick enough for me. Plus being a all korina guitar the high end might get harsh for my taste.

Personally speaking, if you love the sound, don't change that aspect of the guitar. And upgrade in electronics will yield marginal results. I'd improve the playability (tuners/bridge/neck artist tweaks), and maybe add a neck P-90. Removing wood always runs the risk of changing the sound. And yes, that's exactly what I would do with mine. :cool: But if you're not concerned, knock it outta the park! You could put small 408s in both spots and change the tone pot value or add a treble bleed circuit to alter the resonant frequency down a little.

Last edited:
I'm a forgetful idiot! Also in the link to Hans' Harem is the White Rabbit, which is another PTC SE One creation that looks amazing. I think I remember Hans saying it on the bridge (408) might have been his favorite tone out of all his guitars!

Damn you Hans, and thank you Hans. Lol! I was hoping to be the first to do the Starla pickgaurd mod, but I'm thankful for seeing my idea because it was a concern visually. So I now it just a matter of choosing the pickup combination. Thank you too Egads.

Back