P 22 - No sound when in piezo mode

Had band practice last night - turns out it was just the battery - and she had been leaving the cable connected to the guitar. So I guess she won't be doing that any longer & she will carry a backup battery in her case.

Good to hear. I used to leave mine plugged in till I got a P245. In the end it's probably safer anyway.

Yep, always keep a spare battery or two in the case! I agree on unplugging when not playing as a general rule. One less thing to trip over and damage the guitar.

Reactions: CVS
Hello,
First time entry here. I have a P22 that is giving me an issue. It seems to be intermittently losing "punch" Hard to explain other than is sounds twangy sometimes but can come back to a full normal sound eventually. This is only on the Piezo side as that is all I use. Any help pin pointing this is greatly appreciated.

I would start by replacing the battery if you have not already done so. A weak battery can cause the volume to change and can also add distortion at times to your tone (I thought I had a problem with my PA but it turned out to be the battery)

If it is not the battery, I have to defer to others

Good luck.

Hello,
First time entry here. I have a P22 that is giving me an issue. It seems to be intermittently losing "punch" Hard to explain other than is sounds twangy sometimes but can come back to a full normal sound eventually. This is only on the Piezo side as that is all I use. Any help pin pointing this is greatly appreciated.

I have had to have the wiring repaired to the piezo on my P22 twice. Your symptoms sound similar to what I was experiencing. The wires aren't the most robust I've seen connecting the battery in there.

I think I wasted a battery almost every time I played my Fulltone 69 back when I first got it. All my other pedals are always plugged in and due to the reverse polarity, it wasn't. I'd forget and leave it plugged in every other time I played it. Lol.

I use rechargeable batteries for all things guitar related. still carry spares.

Hello,
Some of your tone may be grounding out to bad wiring. Check all connections. Also, the Piezo blend pot (like all PRS pots in my experience) turns easily. Make sure it's not your knob position.

Hello,

Check the positive and negative connections on the battery connector where the battery plugs in. Mine "float" independently of each other and often one will come slightly unplugged....still making some connection, but sometimes not. Also be careful with the connecting wires; have your soldering iron handy....

No Battery = No Piezo output

Last edited:
I play my P22 maybe 10 hours per week, and get maybe 4-5 months max out of the battery.

Biggest problem for me is plugging into the piezo jack when I think Im going into the magnetic! Nearly every single time.
Hello? This thing on? WTF?

Reactions: CVS
Biggest problem for me is plugging into the piezo jack when I think Im going into the magnetic! Nearly every single time.
Hello? This thing on? WTF?
hah!, yeah, happens to me from time to time. I have learned to feel my way to the second hole.

WHAT!?

I mean, second cable jack.

Hello, I've just sign up an account in this forum because of this issue.
Last November I bought a brand new P22 which was made in 2015, usually I practice with the mix/mag output so I used piezo very little.
My piezo output got no sound today, so this confused me for a couple of hours until I see this post. I'll buy a new battery tommorow.

Thanks a lot.

Back