Owning the highest echelon of PRS guitars

I was just at CME and picked up a number of PS and other than aesthetics didn’t notice a difference between my two cores.
I frequent CME and have played my share of PS and PRS. I can honestly say a PS isn't often the guitar I leave wishing to own. Nothing against them, actually a positive about PRS build quality in general. Just because it's PS, core, WL, or whatever other level doesn't mean it's the best guitar for you.

Now ordering a PS to your dream specs is another discussion altogether.

Just because it's PS, core, WL, or whatever other level doesn't mean it's the best guitar for you.
I'm 100% in agreement.

It's different for every player. Isn't it wonderful that we have all these great choices in guitars today? PRS makes wonderful guitars, but there's also great stuff coming from other builders. If you can't find what you want these days in a new guitar, I'd be surprised, but there are always vintage models if you want to get spendy.

Hello everyone this is my first post been lurking around for couple of year’s.I bought my first Prs in 2020 se Paul’s guitar.I liked it so much bought a used custom 24 core model wonderful guitar.I have a collection of 22 guitars…I rotated regularly,until the Prs came along.I never expected to gravitate to the Prs the way I do! Fast forward 2022 I start looking at PS and decide that’s the next rabbit hole Im going down. I sold 14 of my guitars,wrote down the specifcations l wanted and started thinking about ordering my dream guitar.l just happened to be looking on CME and there it was.2016 20th anniversary September guitar of the month 23 carrot gold leaf top Santana inspired McCarty 1of 20.This guitar ticks all the boxes, I’m a sucker for gold tops.CME was great to work with, they put the guitar on hold for week until I could get there in person last Friday. This guitar is amazing hands down the best guitar I have ever player. The attention to detail, build quality and the way it sounds the sustain is great. This is my holy grail guitar. I hope all of you find yours.

I've already found my grail guitar in 2004 (not a PRS, sorry) This has not stopped me from buying many guitars since. They all have different character feel and tone. Ones that stop speaking or never speak to me get moved on to other players.

Just because it looks great doesn't mean it sounds or plays great. That said, I have more PRS in my collection than any other manufacturer. PRS is outstanding!

Hello everyone this is my first post been lurking around for couple of year’s.I bought my first Prs in 2020 se Paul’s guitar.I liked it so much bought a used custom 24 core model wonderful guitar.I have a collection of 22 guitars…I rotated regularly,until the Prs came along.I never expected to gravitate to the Prs the way I do! Fast forward 2022 I start looking at PS and decide that’s the next rabbit hole Im going down. I sold 14 of my guitars,wrote down the specifcations l wanted and started thinking about ordering my dream guitar.l just happened to be looking on CME and there it was.2016 20th anniversary September guitar of the month 23 carrot gold leaf top Santana inspired McCarty 1of 20.This guitar ticks all the boxes, I’m a sucker for gold tops.CME was great to work with, they put the guitar on hold for week until I could get there in person last Friday. This guitar is amazing hands down the best guitar I have ever player. The attention to detail, build quality and the way it sounds the sustain is great. This is my holy grail guitar. I hope all of you find yours.
Funny! That's the guitar I went to CME to buy too.. But couldn't part with what I would need to for it. I thought about it hard too. I've wanted it for years.. Congrats! It's an awesome guitar.

@sergiodeblanc it looks like we missed our opportunity

Funny! That's the guitar I went to CME to buy too.. But couldn't part with what I would need to for it. I thought about it hard too. I've wanted it for years.. Congrats! It's an awesome guitar.

@sergiodeblanc it looks like we missed our opportunity
Thanks, the ones I sold weren’t played much some had not been out of the case for 2 years.I kept some favorites a 74 les Paul,a Stratocasters, telecaster and Martin acoustic.

I’ve owned a ton of Cores & also currently own a WL. I’ve never played a PS, but to my hands and ears don’t notice much difference between my Core and WL. Both are exceptional instruments, though the WL has options unavailable in the Core line, & a nicer case. I’ve often considered going PS but worry for the money that I won’t notice much difference between from what I have now.

I’ve owned a ton of Cores & also currently own a WL. I’ve never played a PS, but to my hands and ears don’t notice much difference between my Core and WL. Both are exceptional instruments, though the WL has options unavailable in the Core line, & a nicer case. I’ve often considered going PS but worry for the money that I won’t notice much difference between from what I have now.
I have a custom 24 core. I have played several wood library, like those to they’re all great.The PS for me was all about getting the exact guitar that I wanted, is it better than a core or WL. I believe that is up to the individual! I think my PS has something special it sustains and rings out more than my core, does that make better not to me, as some say maybe the PS has mojo. I do know lm not getting rid of my core or my SE Paul’s guitar. I would like to try WL if the right one comes along.

So I keep thinking this over even though I haven't owned a WL or PS. My take, based on the half-dozen or so cores I've owned, is that a core PRS is as well made as any other guitar out there. They are consistently built to a standard where better and worse are matters of preference--ergonomic, aesthetic and electronic. What I see WL and PS adding to that are (expensive) options that aren't otherwise available. Whether they are better depends on what each individual player wants.

Back