Overall length Custom 22 vs CE 24

There’s a slight sonic advantage to the 24 fret guitar playing through heavy distortion - because the midrange is more prominent, and the bass is tighter, there’s good “cut” in a mix, and a little less mud.

That’s one of the things I’ve always dug about the 24s. I’m usually the “lead” guitarist in most of my gigs, and I’ve always found it helpful to have that little bit of extra clarity on the neck pickup from 24 fret PRS guitars to “poke” out from a rhythm guitarist who’s playing a Gibson on the neck pickup.

That’s one of the things I’ve always dug about the 24s. I’m usually the “lead” guitarist in most of my gigs, and I’ve always found it helpful to have that little bit of extra clarity on the neck pickup from 24 fret PRS guitars to “poke” out from a rhythm guitarist who’s playing a Gibson on the neck pickup.

Uhh... do people do that? Like all the time? To me the neck pickup is the "OK, check this out!" pickup. Mind you, things have to be dialed in pretty well for that to work right, but that's just basic groundwork, y'know?

Uhh... do people do that? Like all the time? To me the neck pickup is the "OK, check this out!" pickup. Mind you, things have to be dialed in pretty well for that to work right, but that's just basic groundwork, y'know?

I’m in more of the R&B/disco/funk/soul/reggae/Latin world, where it happens quite frequently if not most of the time.

Back