Outside the Box Musical Influences

Music has no box. If you believe you have one, you imagined it and imposed it on yourself. ;)

Last edited:
so Les which pots and pans banger or yodeler does it for you?:D

Yodeler?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13L6sjk080c

Listen about 9 minutes in. It's a great track.

I have too many influences, and they all mishmash together. A couple of years back I did a TV ad project for GM China incorporating traditional Chinese instruments (gu zheng, erhu), electronica, strings and traps. I mean, how does one begin to know what influenced that work?

I think the answer to your question has to be, "every single darn one I've ever heard."

Nah, he's probably already recorded a Prius ad with wobble.

Actually, I've done a VW video with wobble. but when I do electronic music, I generally don't stick to a style, I've always blended them, and have done so for many years going back to the 80s.

My favorite dance/electronic music/synth artist (who also plays some guitar) is Junkie XL, whose stuff brings in a lot of stylistic elements. Skrillex is huge, but I don't really care about the distinctions between sub-genres like House, Dubstep, D&B, etc. It's music.

Incidentally, Zep hasn't done Cadillac in quite a few years, ever since Cadillac switched agencies.

Last edited:
Back