Out of Commission

At 6:30 this morning while on the way to work, I was involved in a head on accident with roll over accident. I was traveling at 40 mph, i don't know about the other driver. I was transported to ECMC (Buffalo) via ambulance, as MercyFlight could not make it down.

i am a very blessed man, as I by all rights should not have survived a crash of that type or magnitude. i am home now with only a broken thumb, broken nose and mild concussion.I will not be playing guitar for awhile, but I will still be here. No Matter what happens, DO NOT let me sell you (or anyone) my guitars.

Sorry to hear about your accident. In December 2018, I was hit head on and then from behind. We were able to obtain video from a local business and calculate the driver who hit me head on at around 55 MPH. The speed limit was 40. I suffered permanent injuries to me neck, back, hip and left wrist. I also suffered a severe concussion and now suffer from migraines 3 to 5 days per week, short term memory loss, I have trouble concentrating, suffer from anxiety and am easily upset. Two of my doctors have said that I will never fully recover and my neurologist said I have reached maximum medical improvement which means I will never fully recover. However, I feel fortunate that I was not killed or paralyzed. I have good days and bad days but I'm still here.

Good luck in your recovery.

Hope they gave you some good drugs for a while to help the time pass! Glad to hear everything is OK, or at least will be soon!

Maybe you can use your down time (not on drugs of course) to build yourself a new guitar.

No drugs needed. I only have minor pain in my wrist, and nose. I was for the most part numb from shock for a good part of the day. I know they offered fentanyl in the ambulance, but i refused it.

Hope they gave you some good drugs for a while to help the time pass! Glad to hear everything is OK, or at least will be soon!

Maybe you can use your down time (not on drugs of course) to build yourself a new guitar.

Funny, i just finished a guitar about 2 weeks ago. Depending on how long they keep me out of work, i may do another.
28a7Azz.jpg

Here is what I am working on while withering away at home. It is a Solo SR series 5 string Bass Kit. The body is allegedly Swamp Ash. What ever it is, it is 4 piece and has nice figuring. I went with a Trans-Purple Finish using Keda Dye and Tru-Oil Gunstock Finish. I will be mounting the neck and starting the electronics tomorrow or Monday.

Xb7u17W.jpg

6AIvS9h.jpg

ZqR2rvd.jpg

qAXiBH7.jpg

Here is what I am working on while withering away at home. It is a Solo SR series 5 string Bass Kit. The body is allegedly Swamp Ash. What ever it is, it is 4 piece and has nice figuring. I went with a Trans-Purple Finish using Keda Dye and Tru-Oil Gunstock Finish. I will be mounting the neck and starting the electronics tomorrow or Monday.

Xb7u17W.jpg

6AIvS9h.jpg

ZqR2rvd.jpg

qAXiBH7.jpg
Looks like a cool project

That is pretty darn impressive work!
Thanks, but to be honest the hard work of shaping and routing and drilling was done for me. All i did was final sanding, staining and assembly. Set up is mostly complete, but needs some more tweeking. At some point I will be replacing the bridge for something more modern.

Overall it was a fun project.

I'm glad you're recovering, Wakester, and your work is very cool! I under "out of commission."

I'm facing rotator cuff surgery next week. :(

Apparently, I broke my shoulder in a bike accident years ago, and have been living with a piece of broken bone in my shoulder for years. I've compensated by the weights I've been lifting since college, but now the tear has gotten worse, and my surgeon says I either get it fixed now or get the whole shoulder replaced down the road. Not really a choice. And it's my right shoulder. It will be an adventure learning to due a few things with my left hand (let your imagination run wild :p).

I'm glad you're recovering, Wakester, and your work is very cool! I under "out of commission."

I'm facing rotator cuff surgery next week. :(

Apparently, I broke my shoulder in a bike accident years ago, and have been living with a piece of broken bone in my shoulder for years. I've compensated by the weights I've been lifting since college, but now the tear has gotten worse, and my surgeon says I either get it fixed now or get the whole shoulder replaced down the road. Not really a choice. And it's my right shoulder. It will be an adventure learning to due a few things with my left hand (let your imagination run wild :p).
That sucks! Good mojo for a successful "procedure" and a speedy recovery.

Back