Out for delivery...

John Beef

Opaque
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40. Got it on a black Friday deal about 25% off of normal price brand new. Our band has looked at the schedule and the recording of our next record commences December 29th. There aren't enough mic preamps in the house to record a drum kit without piecing together a mongrel using two live boards, so we had to pick something up. This was the front runner and the price was pretty fantastic. Here's to hoping it turns out as well as I'm expecting.

Saffire-Pro-40-product-page-banner-eng-0313.jpg

I didn't even have time to open the Amazon box last night. :( All my recording stuff is in a rack in an entirely different room from where the computer is right now anyway. I need to set it all up and run a couple Pro Tools practice sessions, maybe install Reaper and do a practice session or two with that, and see which one we want to go with.

Nice! I think you need me and Les to come down and supervise the basic tracks... Not that I'm tryin' to ditch out on another Chicago winter or anything...

Last night I FINALLY got to unbox this thing and set it up. I hooked it up the same as I did the Motu 8Pre I had before, and nothing! Ugh! Couldn't get a signal to save my life!

Then I read the friggin manual. :) Okay, got it. I installed the software and hooked up the unit to the computer, programmed it correctly and then hooked it up to the Digi003 again, and it works! Sounds pretty good, too. I did a quick multitrack recording, nothing special, just an a capella vocal thing using a cheap Carvin 58 knockoff.

Back