Out For Delivery -- 30th

In the end they are all instruments for communication and expression . Keith Richard said, not that I neccessarily believe it, that some of his more famous recordings were done on tinny tape recorders in hotel rooms, or something like that.

That is in martin terms an hj body shape. Here's my dude https://youtu.be/kBmTy-ZO1k4

It's very vintage D-18 sounding. Nice and sweet!Here's my actual PRS Tonare, similar to a Gibson Small Jumbo in size and shape, but a little different. I did this shortly after getting it to test how it would record. It's just me noodling around, not a song, etc.https://soundcloud.com/lschefman/ps-blonde

In the end they are all instruments for communication and expression . Keith Richard said, not that I neccessarily believe it, that some of his more famous recordings were done on tinny tape recorders in hotel rooms, or something like that.

I'm sure it's true. My son cut some of the tracks for 30 Seconds To Mars' latest album Love, Lust, Faith and Dreams in hotel rooms, backstage with a laptop, etc. The most unusual place was in India, outdoors in a field.

Last edited:
I recommend a push-push switch which makes the task much easier. The push-pull aren't my favorite either.

The problem is that the push-push switches are prone to failure. I'd really just like a small toggle switch, if I do any modifications. I will probably just get used to pulling up the knob.

The problem is that the push-push switches are prone to failure.
I haven't had that kind of experience. My DGT came with it already installed (because Chris Reynolds is a GENIUS!), and I, too, was skeptical. But after 3 years of gigging abuse, it's still ticking, perfectly. Now, you have to remind your meat-head friends NOT to pull up on it...the knob goes flying and their eyes get HUGE. On second thought, it is entertaining to scare the wits out of them. :biggrin:

But like everything else, it's completely subjective.

Like you, I'm a fan of great acoustic guitars! The Dude you have has such a sweet, open sound. He really makes a great sounding guitar, They're pretty rare, too!
That's for sure. But your noodle was very musical. Nice composition, for just a noodle.

At long last, the first 3 day break in the weather with temps over 30 degrees since December started Monday! So my new 30th CU24 is at this moment Out For Delivery. Having the patience to keep it in the box to acclimate to indoor temps will be nearly impossible, but I'll do it. Yes, pic:

Hey Les....a HUGE congrats:congrats:

I feel like I am 13 years old and looking at a Playboy magazine for the 1st time. :eek: She is beautiful. I ordered my very first PRS two days ago and it should arrive tomorrow. I have been playing guitar for 37 years and do not even own an electric. Unbelievable story but true. I attached URL below to the thread I I posted two days ago describing what I went through. Your post was another confirmation from God I made the right choice. Even though I am not in best financial shape, I luckily found a used 2014 Custom Semi-Hollow Body in mint condition on Ebay. What I didn't realize until reading this thread, was the higher end models with their beautiful aesthetics, when combined with all of the many small and not so small nuances, creates some type of magical synergy that adds a special vibe & soul to these guitars. I have ZERO regrets dropping the extra money as I was first going to buy a Zach Meyers guitar but it didn't have locking tuners, then decided on the S2 semi hollow body, which would have fit my needs and playing style perfectly, but Devine Intervention led me to Ebay where I found a used Custom 24 semi hollow in mint condition for $1000 more than the S2 would have cost. I could not have afforded a new Custom 24, so God helped me out.

:adore:

I do have one question. I noticed that PS versus production was mentioned a few times in this thread. I realize PS is private stock. So does that mean I purchased a production model? I know all USA made PRS guitars meets the very highest standards in quality controls. Just trying to understand what additional quality control is given to PS guitars versus all the other USA guitars.

Here is a picture of my new girlfriend. I haven't named her yet bit thinking along the lines on Monique or Tiesha, because looks like she is a "sister" as we say in NY. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-PRS-CU...H-/141594686339?ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:1653

Here is thread about my story: http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthr...st-made-1st-purchase-and-need-feedback-THANKS!!!!

The irony of life is that I was able to give up alcohol and some other unhealthy additions. But I feel that I already developed a new addiction which although is healthy, would be the most expensive addiction of my life. I am sure many members on this site can relate.

I wish you, your loved ones, and members of this forum, massive abundance in health, happiness and your musical journey.

Blessings

BobbyD

Hey Les....a HUGE congrats:congrats:

I feel like I am 13 years old and looking at a Playboy magazine for the 1st time. :eek: She is beautiful. I ordered my very first PRS two days ago and it should arrive tomorrow. I have been playing guitar for 37 years and do not even own an electric. Unbelievable story but true. I attached URL below to the thread I I posted two days ago describing what I went through. Your post was another confirmation from God I made the right choice. Even though I am not in best financial shape, I luckily found a used 2014 Custom Semi-Hollow Body in mint condition on Ebay. What I didn't realize until reading this thread, was the higher end models with their beautiful aesthetics, when combined with all of the many small and not so small nuances, creates some type of magical synergy that adds a special vibe & soul to these guitars. I have ZERO regrets dropping the extra money as I was first going to buy a Zach Meyers guitar but it didn't have locking tuners, then decided on the S2 semi hollow body, which would have fit my needs and playing style perfectly, but Devine Intervention led me to Ebay where I found a used Custom 24 semi hollow in mint condition for $1000 more than the S2 would have cost. I could not have afforded a new Custom 24, so God helped me out.

:adore:

I do have one question. I noticed that PS versus production was mentioned a few times in this thread. I realize PS is private stock. So does that mean I purchased a production model? I know all USA made PRS guitars meets the very highest standards in quality controls. Just trying to understand what additional quality control is given to PS guitars versus all the other USA guitars.

Here is a picture of my new girlfriend. I haven't named her yet bit thinking along the lines on Monique or Tiesha, because looks like she is a "sister" as we say in NY. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-PRS-CU...H-/141594686339?ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:1653

Here is thread about my story: http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthr...st-made-1st-purchase-and-need-feedback-THANKS!!!!

The irony of life is that I was able to give up alcohol and some other unhealthy additions. But I feel that I already developed a new addiction which although is healthy, would be the most expensive addiction of my life. I am sure many members on this site can relate.

I wish you, your loved ones, and members of this forum, massive abundance in health, happiness and your musical journey.

Blessings

BobbyD

I think you made a great choice! That guitar is superb.

Yes, you bought a production model, but it is a limited production model, and it's pretty darn special! And this new addiction really doesn't require buying more stuff. That guitar can handle pretty much everything you throw at it. There have been many times I've limited myself to one PRS. Also, PRS Core models like the one you bought are absolutely fantastic.

I'm not sure PS guitars are PS because of different quality control, though I don't honestly know whether they have the same, more or less QC. They simply have the very best woods and more time is spent building them. They have different finishes and trim. Someone else can chime in as to whether there's more hand work - I know that the Core models have plenty of hand work, too. They are special, but exactly why is a question I can't answer.

But thanks so much for the kind words about the guitar!

Back