Our Top Amp Story Today...

• Thread starter Deleted member 5962
  • Start date
I've had mine since the days you could only buy them direct form Paul. Had a V1 but when he came out with V2 (clipping selection switch on the outside instead of DIP switches on the inside) I sold the old version (for more than the price I paid new!) , got a new one and I've had it since.

I have had a few people tell me I would love an HX/DA except that it might not have enough gain for me. I don't always play high gain. That's just a myth I propagated to help promote our upcoming Old Guys Speed Metal album. But some feel it doesn't hit even 80s rock levels of gain without a boost. The cool thing about the Timmy is that it can be anywhere from clean boost up to mid level gain OD, while having a real nice tonal flexibility. I kept thinking the EP would be perfect for the Custom because it needed some treble kick. It's nice, but not enough. Timmy can give more sizzle, and tame the bottom. And do it as a boost or with some more OD added. If you have a great amp tone, it won't mess with it! Unless you want it too. I think it would be a perfect match for the HX/DA

Last edited by a moderator:
So you can wait, but you can't say "no.". I wish more of the girls were that way when I was a teenager!!!

Speaking of touching patients, it's Friday.... like three days ago, man! :)

Back