Ouch.

Pretty sure that's his Private Stock too....

You can see the irritation in his face when he walks off.

Man, that's gotta suck.

Even though he basically drop kicked it I’m still surprised it came apart like that. I can’t tell but it looks like it’s a set neck, I wonder if the glue weakened or something.

I gotta wonder whether his usual axes are neck-through designs. His "backup" doesn't look like it, though.

And I would bet that the much thinner design compromised the normal PRS neck-body joint. Probably not something they considered when doing the build. "Oh yeah, ask the artist if he drops the guitar onto his knee regularly and violently. We might need to re-enforce the joint."

And finally, it looks like the neck either broke cleanly out of the pocket (I'm not sure) or the neck wood itself failed, and there is still some neck stuck to the body. Can't quite tell from the video.

Anyone have any updates or found any post-mortem photos from backstage?

Considering his other Sig is a bolt on, he’s used to abusing them like that. This one, the neck glue just gave way. It should be fixable

The great thing is he handled it like a professional. He got his back up and was playing with a smile on his face quickly.

Back