Other bridge pup options for Special 22 Semi-Hollow

gavinashun

I bough a gorgeous Special 22 Semi-Hollow Limited Edition. I love many things about this guitar! I am not digging the bridge pickup currently. I find it a little to "thin" and raspy ... possibly a bit too high output ... I think I want more mid-range.

Is there anything to know about replacing a pickup in this guitar? Are there any common replacements that people are liking for these types of guitars?

Thanks,
Gavin

PS - this is my first post!

Hmm I have not measured mine but the 58/15 is most likely in the 8K range so its already a pretty low output pickup ( I believe ) if you want some extra mids try adjusting the pole pieces on the pickups ( or just the pickup height ) I fine my Special Semi Hollow to be on the warmer side compared to my other CU22s and DGT

I guess let me ask this another way - and I should mention, I'm an electronics noob and have limited guitar modding experience. But with that said, what would happen if I plopped a Lollar Low Wind Imperial in there? Obviously the coil tapping wouldn't work ... but would it otherwise work?

Back