OT: What are you watching on TV?

I don't watch much TV. Wife and I got into Animal Kingdom but I normally watch history channel or discovery channel .

Ancient aliens is intriguing.

Most of what I watch is while laying in bed before falling asleep. Sleep timers are awesome.

We’re really enjoying the second season of The Orville. I’m also digging Crashing on HBO - Pete Holmes is very funny. I’ve been getting caught up in Black Monday against my will, but Don Cheadle is so good.

I’m still watching (and loving) Family Guy. My son dragged me into Arrow last season. And I’m watching frigging Whose Line reruns just about every night - but man, I miss the UK ones. Clive Anderson was so good, and I loved Tony Slattery and Josie Lawrence.

I’m looking forward to Game Of Thrones. Don’t want to see it end because Peter Dinklage is brilliant, as is Jerome Flynn. But there are always reruns.

I’ll toss a DVD on the Mac when we build puzzles - the last few times, I’ve run old eps of Californication, Coupling, and WKRP In Cincinnati.

Well, I guess I watch a bit of 'tv' on my computer, sometimes the lines blur. Usually just segments these days.

I did catch a few episodes of Planet Earth and rather enjoyed that. Beautiful photography and brilliant insights. Yay BBC (Monty Python :D)!

I liked season 1, haven’t started season 2 yet. Writers seem to be getting better at character development on some of these shows.

Been catching up on Season 3 of The Grand Tour - those guys make me laugh no matter how bad of a day I’ve had! Last season for them as well, except for some random specials/trip’s which are the fun ones anyway.

Sounds like you fell into the ‘showhole’ remember that ad? :) Hate that feeling!

I’ve got a whole season of TWD to catch up on, but I’ve lost interest I guess. Like Sergio said, some shows go one too long.

I’m re-watching the Namibia 2 part special and then it’s time to catch up with series 2 and 3 of GT.

Nat Geo tends to be one of my go to channels.

I’m re-watching the Namibia 2 part special and then it’s time to catch up with series 2 and 3 of GT.

Nat Geo tends to be one of my go to channels.
I’ll re-watch the Bolivia Special from the TG days - just love the scenery of that one - from the jungle to the Alto Plano back down to the Pacific - crazy stuff!

Left off two...

I'm really loving I'm Sorry. Andrea Savage is golden in this.

Also, while I'm laid up the next two days, I'm going to binge the latest season of Angie Tribeca. Rashida Jones is wonderful in this Police Squad/Airplane-type show. How can you not love a show where her partner is Jay Geils?

that looks awesome!^^^

I've been binging on the Sopranos. Even 20 years on, it's still one of the best TV shows ever

Me too shawn, up to season 5 now, the writing and acting is class. Its so much better not having to wait for next week or next year, makes it more enjoyable.

I guess I rarely watch the actual TV as the kids dominate it, its usually tablet or the laptop, more when I am away form home at work or squeezed into downtime at night

Waiting for all of billions new season to be out to watch that

Its a euro one but Occupied, set in norway, is good, 1st season on netflix, second on amazon

Last edited:
I've just watched nightfliers on netflix. But I'm also watching a lot of That Pedal Show on youtube, I'm a recent convert so I've been trawling through their back catalog watching old videos. There's a good bit of PRS DGT action on a lot of them

I've just watched nightfliers on netflix. But I'm also watching a lot of That Pedal Show on youtube, I'm a recent convert so I've been trawling through their back catalog watching old videos. There's a good bit of PRS DGT action on a lot of them

this is a fine one :)

As little as possible :)

I like content that stimulates the imagination and most of it stunts the imagination. I love nature shows, the cinematography these days is unbelievable. I like sci-fi if it has anything new to offer but these days I can do that better in my head. Actually I can do any scene better in my head, so I do a lot of daydreaming.

I'm a big comedy fan but comedy has been all but ruined by political correctness and propaganda. Great comedy is ALWAYS at someone's expense, we just need to remember how to laugh at ourselves and stop taking offense at the drop of a hat :)

I'm seriously considering cutting the cord. Now that the kids are older and moving on, we just don't watch much tv and it irks me to pay for something I'm not using. The very few shows that hold my interest are available for streaming anyway and the same goes with baseball and hockey. Honestly the only show that is a must see for all in our house is Dr Who, and it's on hiatus this year anyway. Now youtube is a different story...

The Mrs likes network TV, so most of what we watch is that. NCIS, Blue Bloods, that kind of stuff. I need to re-watch the Soprano's. And, I have DVDs of the complete seasons of Boardwalk Empire, Breaking Bad, Homeland, Deadwood, and House of Cards. Have not seen one episode of any of them. Finally, I have 7 seasons of Game of Thrones to catch up on. :oops:

The last cable series I watched from start to finish, as it aired, was Black Sails. LOVED that show.

Barry was quite good. I just finished Season 1. I think Season 2 comes out shortly. Finally started watching True Detective. I've heard Season 2 isn't worth it, but 1 and 3 are great. I also started watching Crashing. Pretty good 3 episodes in.

Barry was quite good. I just finished Season 1. I think Season 2 comes out shortly. Finally started watching True Detective. I've heard Season 2 isn't worth it, but 1 and 3 are great. I also started watching Crashing. Pretty good 3 episodes in.

Yes true detective season 2 was not good. This season is good so far. I enjoyed Barry, too.

I officially quit watching TV in the 80's. Since then, the only TV programing I remember watching has been Sons of Anarchy (& Myans MC), some Pro Wrasslin' in the 2000's, a few episodes of Discovery/History/etc. Chanel stuff, some Hockey games and an occasional NASCAR race once every couple of years.

I like doing creative things more than watching creative things. Time’s a-wastin’!

“Dude, you move the amps and furniture in your studio once a week, which is a complete waste of time, bad for your back, and it’s not exactly creative at all, since you move it back a few days later.”

“True. But I need to change my creative environment a lot.”

“Then why not go create somewhere other than your basement?”

[breaks down sobbing]

“OK, OK, I confess, Perry Mason! Moving studio gear and furniture is an addiction, OK? I’m mainlining setting up amps and cabs. I need a weekly fix of studio decorating and racking equipment. I do a daily spoonful of plugin reorganizing on my computer. I’m...[takes deep breath] a studio organizer junkie...I did it! I’m the one who killed my back!”

[Collapses onto floor of courtroom sobbing as the court officers put the cuffs on]

I have 400 channels of nothing!

Nat.Geo, various planet/nature/bugs-eating-bugs type shows. Dog shows, etc. Those are OK.

I hate drama shows. Actors acting in past or future. Spare me.

Gimme baseball: real people doing symbolic things in the present moment.

Back