OT: Covid entertainment: More good reads.

11top

Cousin Eddie's cousin
I just finish a really entertaining, but disturbing new novel by Ken Follett titled, Never. It’s about how tensions between the USA and China could escalate to Armageddon. Good, but disturbing read!

I’m halfway through Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir (The Martian). Another entertaining read about one astronaut’s attempt to save mankind. So far, so good (pun intended).

I also just finished The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah about the French resistance of the Nazis in WW2. A+!

Also, highly recommend The Lincoln Highway (Amor Towles). Excellent read like his prior, A Gentleman in Moscow.

Last edited:
I just finish a really entertaining, but disturbing new novel by Ken Follett titled, Never. It’s about how tensions between the USA and China could escalate to Armageddon. Good, but disturbing read!

I’m halfway through Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir (The Martian). Another entertaining read about one astronaut’s attempt to save mankind. So far, so good (pun intended).

I also just finished The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah about the French resistance of the Nazis in WW2. A+!

Also, highly recommend The Lincoln Highway (Amor Towles). Excellent read like his prior, A Gentleman in Moscow.
More people need to read Never! Give The Hundred Year Marathon a read by Michael Pillsbury. Empire of Pain the secret history of the sackler dynasty by Patrick Radden Keene.

Must say that reading is my fav type of entertainment. As a student, I don't have a lot of time for it, but it's better than TV or video games. I feel that I develop myself in this way much better than even in regular education. Not gonna lie, it's a little bit strange for my generation. My teacher was excited about my papers on this theme (fortunately, this source https://eduzaurus.com/free-essay-samples/entertainment/ helped me a lot with this work) because most of the students wrote about some hangouts. I would like to see more great reads on this thread if it's possible. Or maybe I may start such a one.

Last edited:
FJ9hwgwX0AsikMe

Another gem from Mr. King. This time involving a teenager who travels through a portal to another world, all framed with fairy tale tropes in both the real world and the fantastic world.

Finished up my first Kindle reads, Home Before Daylight by Steve Parish and Deal by Bill Kreutzman alumni of the Grateful Dead. What lives that group led! Kindle is an interesting thing but I still don't trust electronic media.

I'm really enjoying autobiographies lately. I'm getting deep into Nikola Tesla and have been reading some books he wrote and the 1890's speech is difficult to read...even more so than Don Quixote!

Guitar pickups are a result of Tesla but there was no application for it then, like many things he discovered.

Huge fan of Nelson Demille, but with 40 pages to go, I’d not call The Maze one of his best. I like his repeat character, John Corey, but it’s taking forever to develop the plot, and even though I like Corey’s smart a$$ dialogue, this is a bit crude (and I’m no prude). Well, I guess I’ll see what the last 40 pages unfold before a final judgement on this book.

Back