Original PRS McCarty?

Lost_Vet

Hi folks, I recently came in possession of a 1995 PRS McCarty, SN: 5214XX. On the back of the headstock written in gold is "McCarty Model". In the case is a second electronics cover signed by Mr McCarty and the number "11/100". That would lead me to believe that it was one of the first 100 produced, however my research indicates they started making them in 1994.

So is it possible that this is one of the first 100? I'm asking because I just started playing PRS guitars and don't really know a lot about them, except that I really like them.

Any of you PRS guys who could help, or need more info, please post here. The guitar is in beautiful original condition. I have not pulled the pickups, but all the wiring is original so I would suspect the pickups are as well. It has a nicely flamed, thick top in the original McCarty burst. Also the tone knob moves up and down.

Thanks again for any insight you might provide.

JKAinsworth

Those marked xxx/100 were some of the earliest McCarty models made, but not all of them were the first made. There were other, non-numbered McCartys in there, as well...

Thanks Jamie. I have seen some prototypes but came in possession of this and just wondered exactly what I had.

I have a 94 McCarty ser# 1814XX. It is in the first 100, but was not signed by Ted. The reason I feel is the top is not that great. I have seen much higher serial #'s as # 50 something of 100 or 70 something of 100, and have the signed back cover. They were all 94's that I have seen so far. I called PRS to confirm, talked to Matt, however they have no records to determine what serial #'s were in the "first 100". If it was about marketing and flash I could understand why mine did not get the nod. Better still, and more important, it sounds great. So my story confirms what Jmintzer said.

These were a special run from memory, something about the pickups if i recall rightly? They were signed by Ted and Paul werent they?

Back