Original HFS / VB wiring

andyg_prs

Hi,

I have some '93 HFS/VB pickups. I'm sure in the past there was a page on the PRS site describing how these pickups are wired.....but I can't find it now.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks,
Andy

Red for the coil split. Black and white are start and finish. They will be reverse polarity from each other in order to be hum cancelling in the split positions. I think they used white for hot on bridge and black as hot for neck.

That is useful but it was a more generic discussion on how to wire PRS humbuckers.

Thanks,
Andy

That is useful but it was a more generic discussion on how to wire PRS humbuckers.

Thanks,
Andy
But that's in there. Black/Red/White on both. If you are not using the 5 way then you have to know that the HFS is wired backwards. White on the neck is black on the bridge. IIRC red is the split. You can ohm out each one and it will tell you which one is the split.

I think you should be able to share the Wayback Machine link. If that doesn't work, can you let me know the date of the capture you looked at? You got me all curious as to what you found!

Back