Ordered an SE, disappointed

PRS Are the crack cocaine of the guitar world. Talk to us in 5 years, let’s see how bad you are.
^This^ I remember stating in one of my first posts here that I bought an SE and I could see buying one more PRS. People scoffed and warned me and I thought they were crazy. 7 additional PRS purchases later, here I am contemplating what my next PRS will be.

^This^ I remember stating in one of my first posts here that I bought an SE and I could see buying one more PRS. People scoffed and warned me and I thought they were crazy. 7 additional PRS purchases later, here I am contemplating what my next PRS will be.

Dang, well I'm on my way there. Three PRS's so far. As Rick James would say "PRS. Its a helluva drug."

So then, you all understand why I'm still thinking about the used SE HB Standard I played the other day, despite getting my new HB Piezo?!

Oh yeah. Its the first rule of government spending: Why buy one when you can get two at twice the price? I bought a Paul's Guitar SE in May, just got a 35th Ani last week, so as you can see the army is growing. Money is only good for three items really: Pizza, Guitars, Strings. That's it.

Interesting (weird) thread. I've wanted a PRS forever, but never had the budget, and since the Rona is still going around, I don't want to go to a store or to anyone's house to check one out. So I ordered one and I came here looking for information. But I find people talking about feeding giraffes and a beaver dragging trees thru what looks like an office and then I watch a video of beavers building a dam at a zoo that's 10 miles from me. Weird. Is this the Twilight Zone or Alfred Hitchcock or what? OK, so I just gave away how old I am and where I live.

Since I'm not a super great player it doesn't make sense to me spend too far over my head and budget, so I ordered an SE Standard 24. So I have a question for the OP.

OP: Besides the broken headstock, were you expecting the SE to be heavier? I have an SG that on the heavy side, so I'm hoping the SE will be on the light side - which could be interpreted as feeling "cheap". And if the retailer does a thorough inspection and setup, hopefully the SE will arrive in good shape.

Interesting (weird) thread. I've wanted a PRS forever, but never had the budget, and since the Rona is still going around, I don't want to go to a store or to anyone's house to check one out. So I ordered one and I came here looking for information. But I find people talking about feeding giraffes and a beaver dragging trees thru what looks like an office and then I watch a video of beavers building a dam at a zoo that's 10 miles from me. Weird. Is this the Twilight Zone or Alfred Hitchcock or what? OK, so I just gave away how old I am and where I live.

Since I'm not a super great player it doesn't make sense to me spend too far over my head and budget, so I ordered an SE Standard 24. So I have a question for the OP.

OP: Besides the broken headstock, were you expecting the SE to be heavier? I have an SG that on the heavy side, so I'm hoping the SE will be on the light side - which could be interpreted as feeling "cheap". And if the retailer does a thorough inspection and setup, hopefully the SE will arrive in good shape.
Congrats on your purchase! What model did you buy?

Please don’t be put off by one person’s need to create a thread. Some of my SEs are better than my US-made Fenders & Gibsons. Everyone has a right to their opinion no matter how unique it might be.

You will find this site full of happy enthusiasts who are happy to answer any questions you have.

Welcome to the club! (and post photos once your guitar arrives)

I ordered an SE Standard 24 Tobacco Sunburst. Delivery date is 2 months out. I'm hoping that without the maple cap and veneer it will be lighter and will resonate better.

Cheers!
My first PRS was a Standard 22 (hard tail). I love it to this day. After getting it, I sought out this forum and found the fine people here (seriously, the best group I’ve ever encountered online).

There’s always something to learn here about PRS guitars — how the component choices and construction techniques all add to the feel & tone of the guitars.

(With the supportive encouragement of my fellow members here) I started a slow but steady long-term buying spree that continues on. So, don’t be surprised if unanticipated desires occur in the near future.:D

I remember stating in one of my first posts here that I bought an SE and I could see buying one more PRS. People scoffed and warned me and I thought they were crazy. 7 additional PRS purchases later, here I am contemplating what my next PRS will be.
Uh Oh.

Well ... I don't do drugs. I don't smoke anything. Heck, I don't even do Starbucks. I guess if I'm going to be addicted to something, I might as well have something to show for it.

Thanks, I suppose you warned me.

I remember stating in one of my first posts here that I bought an SE and I could see buying one more PRS. People scoffed and warned me and I thought they were crazy. 7 additional PRS purchases later, here I am contemplating what my next PRS will be.
I joined this forum after I bought a used and slightly beat-up CU24 - it was my dream guitar (other than the wear and tear), had all the characteristics/features I wanted (10 top, Emerald Green, birds). I figured I would lurk in the forum where other folks had the same brand of guitars and learn stuff, never dreamed I'd buy another PRS at the time - it had taken 30 years of playing guitar to finally get one, and I had a Strat and a LP and a Tele and a few other "typical" guitar types/brands, so surely the CU24 was gonna be enough?

Shortly after joining, Brian's Guitars did a special order for an SE Zach Myers run with Spalted Maple tops. I figured for less than half the cost of my used (core) CU24, I could try a cool-looking semi-hollow singlecut with a unique top, so I jumped in - I was feeling flush with cash I guess. It would take a while to arrive, so I could look forward to that for some time...

Before that arrived, I discovered that PRS made piezo-equipped electric guitars, and specifically hollowbody guitars that did a fairly good job of emulating a plugged-in acoustic. Since I played (and play) in a band where I am mixing up electric and acoustic tones, that seemed like a cool thing. So I scoured around and found a Spruce HB Piezo for a fair price - more than I paid for my CU24, but it had more (and different) capabilities, so I was OK with that. So at this point I have two in hand, and one on order now.

We found that a few tunes we played would benefit from a baritone guitar, tuned in A probably. HMM, PRS made (at the time) an SE baritone (Mike Mushok), and I could get one for a fair price, so why not?

The Zach Myers Spalted finally arrived. Yay! Four PRS guitars! Two core, two SE. All very different. How could I imagine needing any more?

And then...

And then...

I have far too many, yet nearly not enough, PRSi now.

Oh, and now my wife plays bass, so she is up to four PRS basses.

Oh, and I have a few PRS amps too. If PRS releases a Bass Amp, you know we'll get one...

I have far too many, yet nearly not enough, PRSi now.

Oh, and now my wife plays bass, so she is up to four PRS basses.

Oh, and I have a few PRS amps too. If PRS releases a Bass Amp, you know we'll get one...
It definitely looks like you have something to show for your addiction.

Aaaack!!! I placed my order last week, expecting a short delay - you know, a couple weeks or maybe a month. My Sweetwater sales guy called and said it would be the end of November. I figure, well that's cool, because it would actually be near my birthday. He calls today and says it shipped. They received a bigger shipment than expected or something. It should be here in a few days. I'm starting to drool.

Aaaack!!! I placed my order last week, expecting a short delay - you know, a couple weeks or maybe a month. My Sweetwater sales guy called and said it would be the end of November. I figure, well that's cool, because it would actually be near my birthday. He calls today and says it shipped. They received a bigger shipment than expected or something. It should be here in a few days. I'm starting to drool.
Nice!

Congrats! The goddess Eris has smiled upon your November plans. ;)

It’s a sign. This new guitar has a will of its own.

i was joking—maybe only funny because i live in oregon. however:

LOL. That was so bad at some point I was wondering if she was:
1 high on crack
2 mocking the anthem

Thanks for sharing. :) LOL

Back