Votes: 3 12.5%
  • azurite

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Chryscolla

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • other

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
It really depends on the board wood. Assuming a dark board, you can't go wrong with Paua birds with White MOP outlines.

pkvfec8qaibajugra2ov.jpg

20160715_112419_resized.jpg

And the best pattern, IMO, is 20th Anniversary Birds with wisps.

Iceberg%2BDragon%2527s%2BBreath%2BFull%2BFrontal.jpg

Whatever makes it yours, though, is probably what you ought to do. I'd stray from wood birds, personally. With a blue dragons breath (this one is Iceberg DB), let's get some bling on the board. Have fun with it.
There she is Hubba hubba

Further out of the box even yet, no birds, Rosewood Tree of Life inlay. I've seen them do this or close on some PS already. Check out the '96 Rosewood Ltd. inlay.
Can anyone here display some etched examples of birds. Gold, silver, ab,,, whatever, just for display.

Further out of the box even yet, no birds, Rosewood Tree of Life inlay. I've seen them do this or close on some PS already. Check out the '96 Rosewood Ltd. inlay.
Can anyone here display some etched examples of birds. Gold, silver, ab,,, whatever, just for display.
There's some nice examples here...

So thank you guys for offering opinions, I do appreciate it. I'm going to take most of your advice about blinging it out a little more. I've decided that the Opal inlays are probably the most "bling" of the choices, though Abalone was a very close 2nd.

Also, the dealer I'm working with has some cool dealer only specs (inlay choices specific to them) that I didn't know about until today, so I'll be adding those to the build... I'll keep that a secret until everything gets approved by the PS team.

I can't believe I'm actually doing this, this has been a dream of mine for some time now. My main goals were to build something unique, but try to stay as close to the standard specs as possible. Three kids in the driving age range with one in college and one senior in high school puts a limit on daddy's fun budget LOL.

I have a few PS runs, but if I ever order another one, it won't have birds.

Not that I dislike birds, but damn, I've been buying guitars with 'em since 1991, and I would want something everybody and his sister doesn't have.

I'm just not sure what that would be.
Golf balls, hockey pucks idk…. My private stock would probably have the red Pontiac crest on the twelfth fret!

Golf balls, hockey pucks idk…. My private stock would probably have the red Pontiac crest on the twelfth fret!
I did music for SO MANY Pontiac ads!

“Hmmmm. Maybe that’s why GM killed the brand?”

“Life is a cruel taskmaster.”

“They’re blaming you, aren’t they? I blame you.”

“Yes — sob — yes, I can’t lie in the face of your brilliant cross-examination, Perry Mason”

Am I the only one who likes it a little cleaner and would go for nice MOP birds with that specs?

I have abalone birds on my guitar and they're beautiful, but I feel like the Paua would pop a little more in the guitar in the OP. Paua is my vote.

It really depends on the board wood. Assuming a dark board, you can't go wrong with Paua birds with White MOP outlines.

pkvfec8qaibajugra2ov.jpg

20160715_112419_resized.jpg

And the best pattern, IMO, is 20th Anniversary Birds with wisps.

Iceberg%2BDragon%2527s%2BBreath%2BFull%2BFrontal.jpg

Whatever makes it yours, though, is probably what you ought to do. I'd stray from wood birds, personally. With a blue dragons breath (this one is Iceberg DB), let's get some bling on the board. Have fun with it.

200w.webp

Back