• azurite

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Chryscolla

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • other

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

Solteroblues

So I'm getting my PS order worked up, and I am stuck on the inlays. The color of the guitar will be Whale Blue Dragon's Breath, similar to this:

0340928-3_5000x.jpg

I thought originally to go with curly maple birds inlays stained to match the top... Having second thoughts because I'm afraid that might not be blingy enough LOL

So, Here's some other choices:

abalone
eyJidWNrZXQiOiJwcnNpbWFnZXMiLCJrZXkiOiJwcml2YXRlc3RvY2stY29tcG9uZW50cy9hYmFsb25lLmpwZyIsImVkaXRzIjp7ImpwZWciOnsicXVhbGl0eSI6ODIsInByb2dyZXNzaXZlIjp0cnVlLCJ0cmVsbGlzUXVhbnRpc2F0aW9uIjp0cnVlLCJvdmVyc2hvb3REZXJpbmdpbmciOnRydWUsIm9wdGltaXplU2NhbnMiOnRydWV9LCJyZXNpemUiOnsid2lkdGgiOjMyMCwiaGVpZ2h0IjozMjAsImZpdCI6ImNvdmVyIn19fQ==

Azurite Web
eyJidWNrZXQiOiJwcnNpbWFnZXMiLCJrZXkiOiJwcml2YXRlc3RvY2stY29tcG9uZW50cy9henVyaXRld2ViLmpwZyIsImVkaXRzIjp7ImpwZWciOnsicXVhbGl0eSI6ODIsInByb2dyZXNzaXZlIjp0cnVlLCJ0cmVsbGlzUXVhbnRpc2F0aW9uIjp0cnVlLCJvdmVyc2hvb3REZXJpbmdpbmciOnRydWUsIm9wdGltaXplU2NhbnMiOnRydWV9LCJyZXNpemUiOnsid2lkdGgiOjMyMCwiaGVpZ2h0IjozMjAsImZpdCI6ImNvdmVyIn19fQ==

Opal
eyJidWNrZXQiOiJwcnNpbWFnZXMiLCJrZXkiOiJwcml2YXRlc3RvY2stY29tcG9uZW50cy9vcGFsLmpwZyIsImVkaXRzIjp7ImpwZWciOnsicXVhbGl0eSI6ODIsInByb2dyZXNzaXZlIjp0cnVlLCJ0cmVsbGlzUXVhbnRpc2F0aW9uIjp0cnVlLCJvdmVyc2hvb3REZXJpbmdpbmciOnRydWUsIm9wdGltaXplU2NhbnMiOnRydWV9LCJyZXNpemUiOnsid2lkdGgiOjMyMCwiaGVpZ2h0IjozMjAsImZpdCI6ImNvdmVyIn19fQ==

Chryscolla
eyJidWNrZXQiOiJwcnNpbWFnZXMiLCJrZXkiOiJwcml2YXRlc3RvY2stY29tcG9uZW50cy9jaHJ5c2NvbGxhLmpwZyIsImVkaXRzIjp7ImpwZWciOnsicXVhbGl0eSI6ODIsInByb2dyZXNzaXZlIjp0cnVlLCJ0cmVsbGlzUXVhbnRpc2F0aW9uIjp0cnVlLCJvdmVyc2hvb3REZXJpbmdpbmciOnRydWUsIm9wdGltaXplU2NhbnMiOnRydWV9LCJyZXNpemUiOnsid2lkdGgiOjMyMCwiaGVpZ2h0IjozMjAsImZpdCI6ImNvdmVyIn19fQ==

Or do you guys know some other choice that isn't shown on the private stock page but that they offer?

Azurite Web will not show up well on a dark board (Needs light-dark contrast IMO). I‘d choose a 20th anniversary bird pattern (or another pattern that says “PS”) in paua. As a side note, the inlays will stand out better against ebony.
Good point. I'm going with a ziricote board.

Big Abalone fan here.
Or paua.
I am too, but my core guitars have that and I wanted something different. Still an option though because I do love them so much

It really depends on the board wood. Assuming a dark board, you can't go wrong with Paua birds with White MOP outlines.

pkvfec8qaibajugra2ov.jpg

20160715_112419_resized.jpg

And the best pattern, IMO, is 20th Anniversary Birds with wisps.

Iceberg%2BDragon%2527s%2BBreath%2BFull%2BFrontal.jpg

Whatever makes it yours, though, is probably what you ought to do. I'd stray from wood birds, personally. With a blue dragons breath (this one is Iceberg DB), let's get some bling on the board. Have fun with it.

Last edited:
I know everyone here holds the 20th anniversary birds in high regard... not a big fan.

I agree that it needs to stand out. Does anyone have the opal birds? I definitely will be going with MOP outlines if possible.

For some other choice and you said more bling. Silver etched birds tastefully enhances any board and PRS. Really going outside the box, how about gold hardware and slugs and 14k etched gold birds. Now w your blue you would have something very special.

wow! you really got outside of the box there. I did consider the etched birds, but my wallet changed my mind for me lol

For some other choice and you said more bling. Silver etched birds tastefully enhances any board and PRS. Really going outside the box, how about gold hardware and slugs and 14k etched gold birds. Now w your blue you would have something very special.
They will also etch MOP inlays. Wildwood tends to order their PS guitars with them.

I have a few PS runs, but if I ever order another one, it won't have birds.

Not that I dislike birds, but damn, I've been buying guitars with 'em since 1991, and I would want something everybody and his sister doesn't have.

I'm just not sure what that would be.

I have a few PS runs, but if I ever order another one, it won't have birds.

Not that I dislike birds, but damn, I've been buying guitars with 'em since 1991, and I would want something everybody and his sister doesn't have.

I'm just not sure what that would be.

I‘ve had quite a few (including a PRS 1st) with a single eagle covering the 11th-13th frets. It a cool, clean look, especially if you want a figured fretboard to speak for itself (like a ziracote FB).

Last edited:
Blue moons! Otherwise, I would go with the brushstrokes or outlines only!! I am sure it will be beautiful however you roll, congrats on getting it into the queue (soon)!!!

Back