Opinions on this string nut cut

I understand where you're coming from, but I can't say I blame him for not being happy about slightly off either, I'll be honest before this thread I never really paid attention to it. I did look at all my guitars though and most off them are off slightly including my core and other US models. Sound, stability, and playability would have been my driving force vs it looks off. Either way good luck to you both on the recut.

Last edited:
I understand where you're coming from, but I can't say I blame him for not being happy about slightly off either, I'll be honest before this thread I never really paid attention to it. I did look at all my guitars though and most off them are off slightly including my core and other US models. Sound, stability, and playability would have been my driving force vs it looks off. Either way good luck to you both on the recut.

Well, I'm thinking about resell value as well. Some people are pickier than others. I'm not sure I'm in love with the guitar, so who knows when it might go on the block. There are some other issues going on as well, the intonation with the low E is very hard to keep stable for instance. Not being happy (pissy) is one thing, but you don't show a customer that. Rule #1 for staying in business.

Deleted and back to the best of luck to you both.

Last edited:
Just for reference, this is what it looked like with the original nut. I have a feeling I should have just left it alone, but I wanted to replace the cheap plastic? nut from the factory. :confused:

YOvWp4h.jpg

Back