Opinions on this guitar

It's an S2 which means it originally came with a gig bag. If you zoom in on one of the pics the hang tag says "W/ Gig Bag" so I assume they will include it. I comment on playability but I will agree that it does look to be in great condition. If it's anything like any other S2 it should be a good'n. :)

If you want a 24 fretter, this is your ticket in. It`s a pawn shop, so don`t be afraid to bargain. I`d buy it, and take it to a luthier to have it properly set up. The odds are way in your favor that it`s a good guitar. I have an S2 22 fretter, and it`s a very good guitar.

Agreed.

... but it's got a Make An Offer button, which is my favorite thing. Low ball the guy and see what happens?

EDIT: If I had S2 money, this is what I'd buy: https://reverb.com/item/6389961-used-paul-reed-smith-prs-s2-custom-22-semi-hollow-electric-guitar
I've been lusting after this one...

http://davesguitar.com/products/paul-reed-smith/s2-singlecut-standard-16-6/

But I really want to switch baritones to one of the new SE ones. However, I find it paralyzing that SE baritones are $749 everywhere and this lovely S2 is only $799.

Barquentine, We`re paying $800 to 1200 for the S2`s used, depending on where and when and whether it`s a standard or not. In American dollars, that`s a good deal. Sometimes we see a standard S2 slip down to the 600-700 price range.

I don't know that you need to get over it. There are plenty of other juicy PRSi out there.
I just don't want to repeat the same pattern with S2s that I did with the Mira.

I had the same opinions on it as I do about the S2s. Now that I own a Mira, I'm wondering what in the hell took me so long?

I'm in a weird position (mostly born of ignorance) where I'm not sure of the value of those guitars to me. Same with PS guitars.. I'm down with the low end (SE's) and psyched with the middle (Core's) but I'm not altogether experienced enough to say: "It's worth the extra money to take the step" on both of those lines.. ya know?

I need to get over my S2 aversion[/QUOTE]
Now that I own a Mira, I'm wondering what in the hell took me so long?

I just don't get it why people have second thoughts about S2's. They are fine instruments with a fine pricepoint. Yes , they are a little bit different compared with core, but hey, they cost less.
I wasn't into the Mira when they first came available, now I own two and they are great. Many moons ago after purchasing my first 2 customs, I bought a EG. They were considered a cheap PRS. Granted, but they are fine instruments in their own right. And don't get me started about the SE One. My point is don't be biased about the pricepoint or series, play the damn suckers and don't compare. Each and every PRS is worth the money compared to other brands. (and I do own other brands). And hey, the white westie is almost private stock.:cool:

Back