Opinions on this guitar

Oh yeah? That's the one I keep coming back to. How "hollow" does it sound?
I would describe it as a "warmer, rounder" tone. I don't crank it up, but it's a lot easier to get that sustained controlled feedback.

Not as much as your new spruce top I'm sure, but more so than a regular solid body. Probably similar to your SE semi from Dave's.
Too bad I'm not in the Chicago area or I'd let you borrow it for a minute.

I need to get over my S2 aversion

I have one of the S2 Velas from the reclaimed run, and...yes, you do!

That said, I liked the regular S2 Vela a fair bit more than the S2 Starla. I was waiting for the right Vela to come along when the reclaimed run was announced. I wanted a gold sparkle one - I almost bought one at Brian's last year, but I'd already bought the Holcomb. My wife even said to do it, but I apparently had an attack of what some people call "willpower". That one stuck in my mind for a long time.

I have one of the S2 Velas from the reclaimed run, and...yes, you do!

That said, I liked the regular S2 Vela a fair bit more than the S2 Starla. I was waiting for the right Vela to come along when the reclaimed run was announced. I wanted a gold sparkle one - I almost bought one at Brian's last year, but I'd already bought the Holcomb. My wife even said to do it, but I apparently had an attack of what some people call "willpower". That one stuck in my mind for a long time.
What is this "willpower" that you speak of?

Oh yeah? That's the one I keep coming back to. How "hollow" does it sound?
images

Dave's is dangerous.. I've been peeping that gold S2 semi hollow for a minute.

I need to get over my S2 aversion
Hey I recently got an S2 Singlecut standard in black. I love it to death but I thought the neck pickup way to bassy so I tuned it upside down. Now every thing is perfect.

Back