Opinions on a 2001 PRS Artist Package

opnoob

Hi, I am a noob when it comes to PRS guitars. I saw this in the local classifieds, owner is asking $4000 CAD ($3000 USD). Is it a good deal in your opinion? Does anything look weird or non-original? Whats the expected price for something like this? If anyone can tell me more about what I'm looking at, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Beautiful OG Singlecut.
Don’t think that’s a BRW board, though.
In that period, only the 250 Singlecuts that had BRW necks had BRW boards.
Looks to be an Artist Package.
Yes the ad did specify it was Artist Package. I reached out to PRS with the serial number for more info hopefully they can tell me the exact specs. What do you think would be a a good price and great price for this guitar?

Yes the ad did specify it was Artist Package. I reached out to PRS with the serial number for more info hopefully they can tell me the exact specs. What do you think would be a a good price and great price for this guitar?
Well, the tuners are gold, but the bridge, switch, and the covers on the pickups look to be nickel.
Artist Packages in those years were all gold hardware with the option of all nickel hardware. Not half of each.
It’s definitely an AP with the correct rosewood headstock overlay, the hardware finishes don’t match like they should.
Also, ask about the case. It should be a leather AP case.
Once you get all of that info, you can hit him up with a price.

It's a legit artist package Singlecut from the second year they were made. I had one just like it, same color, with a flame top instead of quilt. At that time, the artist package guitars were the only Core models that came with a headstock overlay to match the fretboard. Brazilian rosewood wouldn't have been an option on a normal artist package that year.

It's possible that a previous owner swapped out the tuning machines or the other hardware.

It would have come originally with a black leather case with a stitched leather handle, combination locks and a fitted interior.

If memory serves, I paid $2700 USD for my 2001 Artist SC brand new. Times sure have changed!

Back