Opinion on McCarty Order

celtic757

With the special order thing going on for core models this month, I'm thinking of ordering a new McCarty.

Here are configurations I had in mind.

1) Black Gold Burst, Ebony board and headstock veneer, \m/ bridge and 85/15 neck.

2) Black Gold Burst, rosewood board and headstock veneer, same pups as above.

I may just go with the 85/15 for the bridge as well, since I have an extra \m/ bridge pup. I was saving it for my custom 22, but I will be selling it to fund this. If I don't like the 85/15 I'll pull it and sell it aftermarket and put the \m/ in.

Thanks for any input.

Last edited:
I didn't see an artist package for the McCarty only the semi hollow p245

Yes the McCarty is an option for the Artist package promo for June. Making me consider it for sure, my favorite guitar I have now is my McCarty Artist Wood Library with a rosewood neck, making me think a brother for it with a flamed maple neck would be a good thing.

I'm pulling the trigger. I'll be waiting on this baby and my actual baby to show up over the next couple months...anticipation just went up by 50%.

Last edited:
Yes the McCarty is an option for the Artist package promo for June. Making me consider it for sure, my favorite guitar I have now is my McCarty Artist Wood Library with a rosewood neck, making me think a brother for it with a flamed maple neck would be a good thing.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Special order thing???

For the month of June only, dealers can take special orders on core models. It does not include Tremontis though. If you go under the dealer page I think musicstorelive posted about it. Pretty much can pick a core production model and choose neck wood, fretboard, veneer, colors and pickups for around a core model normal price.

Last edited:
Back