Opaque/Tone Monster Vs. 10 Top/"good" tone Vs. Private Stock/deadtone GO!

Opaque/Tone Monster Vs. 10 Top/"good" tone Vs. Private Stock/deadtone GO!

• Total voters
The Spanish Inquisition has a warm welcome waiting for You!

711px-Witch-scene4_zpsdfa0fcb3.jpg

NOOOOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!! Our weapons are fear. Fear, and surprise. Fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency. (hmmm, I wonder where Ruth is?)

Anyway, sorry, Kev, I think this is a bogus hypothetical. For one, why would I be innarested in another PRS guitar when I already have the two best ones I'm ever gonna have? Well, really, that's all that I have to say right there. Carry on, the rest of y'all. :)

NOOOOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!! Our weapons are fear. Fear, and surprise. Fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency. (hmmm, I wonder where Ruth is?)

Anyway, sorry, Kev, I think this is a bogus hypothetical. For one, why would I be innarested in another PRS guitar when I already have the two best ones I'm ever gonna have? Well, really, that's all that I have to say right there. Carry on, the rest of y'all. :)

Well Played, Kingsley... :congrats:

voted opaque tonemonster, because who in there right mind would ever NOT choose a tonemonster, regardless of finish??

Not that any of you guys are in your "right minds!'

Umm... No.

This is a purely artificial dichotomy, created to stir up controversy and dissent! :box:

We don't have to make ugly choices like this! Boycott!!! :violin:

I'm new here, but I can't resist this... PS dead tone... Get the best top and if you hate the tone, change the pup's... Problem solved...

I've always considered PRS guitars to be tone monsters in general, and their beauty just a bonus. I won't pay extra money for bling like birds, 10 top, Artist package, etc.

I'll take a tone monster any day! I don't buy 'em to hang on the wall. :top:

Y'all might notice that the folks who are taking issue with my premise are not willing to put their names to a vote... :confused:

Just sayin... :rolleyes:

How can someone give an opinion to a question they don't believe is plausible? :dontknow:

Read: "copout"

This is a hypothetical conceptual choice. Not tangible. If you were forced to face this choice, what would YOU choose. Put your name on it! Unless of course, your mind is not developed enough to be capable of conceptual thinking... :rolleyes:

This is a hypothetical conceptual choice. Not tangible. If you were forced to face this choice, what would YOU choose. Put your name on it! Unless of course, your mind is not developed enough to be capable of conceptual thinking... :rolleyes:

My under-developed mind tells me this question is hypothetically rhetorical. You're asking a question that doesn't need to be answered for the sake of fleshing out who would identify themselves as superficial. Maybe that's not the case and it's just how us stupid folk think. Oh yeah, I looked up "copout" and apparently that's two words. :rolleyes:

Read: Bite me, Kevin. With all due respect to the President of DGT Nation. :)

It's still bogus. With respect to guitars, the particulars always matter. If you want to start an intelligent conversation about the relative weight people assign to abstract concepts such as "tone," "beauty," and "quality of construction/materials," setting up a bogus hypothetical that only deals in extremes is a lousy way to do it.

My under-developed mind tells me this question is hypothetically rhetorical. You're asking a question that doesn't need to be answered for the sake of fleshing out who would identify themselves as superficial.

That's how I read it too, hence my responses.

It's still bogus. With respect to guitars, the particulars always matter. If you want to start an intelligent conversation about the relative weight people assign to abstract concepts such as "tone," "beauty," and "quality of construction/materials," setting up a bogus hypothetical that only deals in extremes is a lousy way to do it.

This

Back