Opaque/Tone Monster Vs. 10 Top/"good" tone Vs. Private Stock/deadtone GO!

Opaque/Tone Monster Vs. 10 Top/"good" tone Vs. Private Stock/deadtone GO!

• Total voters
I'm purely a player, so it's tone all the way. But PRS makes it more likely that your tone monster will also have a killer quilt or flame top. :rock:

pffffffft. I have one sitting next to my platinum records I got for my mega rock group T'ok Rocking Unicorns...

You mean from the great concept album, "T'ik T'ok?" Or your platinum selling, "T'ok Around The Cl'ok/"

Or was it, "Those Who Are About To T'ock..."

Then again, my personal favorite was "T'ok Lobster."

I almost formed a group called the T'oking Heads, based on the fact that your band was my inspiration for getting into music.

Last edited:
You mean from the great concept album, "T'ik T'ok?" Or your platinum selling, "T'ok Around The Cl'ok/"

Or was it, "Those Who Are About To T'ock..."

Then again, my personal favorite was "T'ok Lobster."

I almost formed a group called the T'oking Heads, based on the fact that your band was my inspiration for getting into music.

Are you forgetting our crossover album "T'ok T'ok"? And our banned in the Middle East album "SaT'okic Verses"?

To those who are being defensive, I am forcing a HYPOTHETICAL choice. If I was entertaining the idea of Private Stock Tone Monsters(which is likely most of them), I would not think many people would consider voting opaque... LOL Please stick with the specifics of the poll, and try to be as honest as you can. :biggrin:

Don't kid yourselves, friends... Not many, but any guitar assembled has at least a mathematical chance to result in tonal firewood no matter how well you stack the deck. :eek:

The Spanish Inquisition has a warm welcome waiting for You!

711px-Witch-scene4_zpsdfa0fcb3.jpg

Last edited:
If I had to vote, I picked the opaque/tone as I have realized over the years I like goldtops, plus my go to PRS is an 01 SC in platinum in player condition (think this side of casper but not all that much) which was an AR guitar and toured with a heavy metal band (with a guy who apparently wore one of those spike leather wrist bracelets) before landing in my hands eight or so years ago.

That said, "feel" for me is really important--how the neck, frets, scale and set-up feel in my hands. But agree that PRS pulls feel/tone/looks together for me. But I am still to much of a scared-ey cat to ever really play a PS (I am too rough on guitars, and ding them up unintentionally, but surely).

Plus whose going to vote PS dead tone LOL?

I always go for the opaque finishes anyway so this was an easy vote

Back