ooops

gush

Where is that speedo pic
I opened the case of my CE22 this morning to find the trem arm still on guitar from sat night, dang it! As I took trem arm off I wondered if it would still be in tune. I strummed an E,C and a D chord to find it still perfectly in tune. Very cool! My LP would go out of tune just sitting next to any case! (not really, but close)

I was secretly hoping it would be out, then I say to my wife "see, I told you I needed a cu24 floyd!".

FYI: I've stored all my PRS guitars with the tram arm on since 1986, and never had a problem.

FYI: I've stored all my PRS guitars with the tram arm on since 1986, and never had a problem.

I'm sure it doesn't hurt anything but I couldnt
Do it on purpose. I would lose sleep knowing my springs were being stretched like that. I'm like Sergio and like my trem arm bent up a bit so that could impose some long term damage.

I put the tram bar in the 'normal' position, so it's not stretching the strings, it's relieving the tension. They always come out of the case in tune. Because it's been my main road guitar, Casper has spent most of its life in the case (I almost never take it out unless I'm using it for a session or to play live). So that's about 28 years of being in a case with the trem arm on. Literally.

I put the tram bar in the 'normal' position, so it's not stretching the strings, it's relieving the tension. They always come out of the case in tune. Because it's been my main road guitar, Casper has spent most of its life in the case (I almost never take it out unless I'm using it for a session or to play live). So that's about 28 years of being in a case with the trem arm on. Literally.

That is impressive.

Back