Only 1 PRS seen in the wild on the Blues Cruise!

matonanjin

I had posted about going on the Keeping the Blues Alive at Sea cruise. We have been on the cruise many (5 or 6) times and always, over the many concerts on the cruise over the years, seen several multiple sightings of PRS guitars. This year not one! I'm not sure what this means or if it is even worth trying to figure out if it means anything.

Not one sighting until almost the end of the cruise, the second to last concert, and Mile Zito was playing his, I think, I'm almost certain, a DGT. Mike's project, Blood Brothers, with Mike Castiglia, put on one of the greatest shows I have ever seen. But that is the subject of an entirely different post.

In Mike's words, which I heard from someone on the cruise that spoke with him, was that Corey Congilio and Jeff McErlain put all sorts of pressure to try a PRS. Mike said that after he did he had to get another one. And then his decision was which one to bring on the cruise, his DGT or his Paul's.

So why so few PRS guitars this year? Just coincidence? I know you weren't there. But any thoughts on why it might be?

If I thought my guitar might have to double as an oar, I'd take my Tele. Slightly more seriously I can see taking a Tele to perform on a cruise given its reliability, but a Les Paul or SG would be about the last I'd take.

So I'm curious what guitars you saw the most of. And did you see anyone else playing something other than the standard five models?

And what about amps? How many were foregoing them entirely in favor of a modeler?

Any acoustic performances? How were they and what were they using?

If I thought my guitar might have to double as an oar, I'd take my Tele. Slightly more seriously I can see taking a Tele to perform on a cruise given its reliability, but a Les Paul or SG would be about the last I'd take.

So I'm curious what guitars you saw the most of. And did you see anyone else playing something other than the standard five models?

And what about amps? How many were foregoing them entirely in favor of a modeler?

Any acoustic performances? How were they and what were they using?
I anticipate the answers to these questions.

I'd also agree with RickP, tradition dominates in the Blues. Except with me, my McCarty 594 handles all my blues work just fine.
Last concert I went to was Crowder, on the Toby Mac Hits Deep tour earlier this month. Two of the bands that opened for him used PRS. One was a silver sky, sounded great. Crowder, lol. He uses anything from cigar boxes to mandoguitars to whatever else his hands can reach.

I had posted about going on the Keeping the Blues Alive at Sea cruise. We have been on the cruise many (5 or 6) times and always, over the many concerts on the cruise over the years, seen several multiple sightings of PRS guitars. This year not one! I'm not sure what this means or if it is even worth trying to figure out if it means anything.

Not one sighting until almost the end of the cruise, the second to last concert, and Mile Zito was playing his, I think, I'm almost certain, a DGT. Mike's project, Blood Brothers, with Mike Castiglia, put on one of the greatest shows I have ever seen. But that is the subject of an entirely different post.

In Mike's words, which I heard from someone on the cruise that spoke with him, was that Corey Congilio and Jeff McErlain put all sorts of pressure to try a PRS. Mike said that after he did he had to get another one. And then his decision was which one to bring on the cruise, his DGT or his Paul's.

So why so few PRS guitars this year? Just coincidence? I know you weren't there. But any thoughts on why it might be?
Did you mean Albert Castiglia? He usually plays Les Pauls or Strats. PRS models can be very effective as blues guitars but there are many blues artists that favor vintage instruments.

Back