Online trade etiquette

Domingo Lantigua

Has anyone done an online trade? With a dealer, of course. Can you please share your experience. I wanna know what to look out for
Thanks

You should be good with any of the dealers who are here in the Forum. Your end result should be ...
jmBF4ci.jpg

Trade etiquette is weird.

Normal Transactions
Bob has guitar for sale.
John agrees to purchase for set amount (in this case, actual cash).
John sends payment to Bob.
Bob intends to ship guitar after payment received from John.
John is cool because this is how sh!t works.

Strange World of Trading Guitars
Bob has guitar for sale.
John agrees to purchase for a set amount (in this case, a guitar with cash value).
John sends payment to Bob.
Bob intends to ship guitar after payment received from John.
John loses his ever-loving-mind that Bob is waiting for receipt of payment because guitars are magic.

What toothace said. I’ve done trade deals with 3 dealers that post here on a regular basis. Great experience with each of them. Open communication, fair trade value, speedy shipping. If you’re used to getting screwed by GC, it’s nothing like that.

Never traded with a dealer but have done literally dozens of trades online and as long as you communicate well and expectations and condition of the guitars are discussed openly all is good.

I did a trade with Howard Leese , handed him my guitar when he came thru Chicago , he shipped me a guitar a few weeks later :) Sergio and Bodia also but those were in person :)
I also did a cool road trip trade with Gush

I have traded a lot with online people, not retailors. I ask to talk on the phone and go over the details. Works well for me.

Back