One website to showcase all PRS Private Stocks?

Mgamm1ll

I had the idea about 3-4 years ago to build a website to showcase all the PRS Private Stocks/Collections guitars.. all 5000ish!

I'm curious if there would be any interest in this?

In short, it would allow viewers to look at all the PRS Private Stocks ever made along with pictures and specs. There would be no contact info for the guitars unless the person wanted to put an email address or contact form to allow others to contact them. Perhaps for purchase or just to ask questions about the guitar. I don't want to take anything away from this forum at all... but I love looking at private stocks and dreaming of builds. I've owned probably 15 private stocks over the last 8 or 9 years. Some I sorely regret selling and wish I could buy them back if I could locate them.

The site would allow users to upload their own pictures and specs all on their own. It would require someone (me) to approve the uploads just make sure people are uploading bogus stuff. There would also be a way to search for specific specs like: model, colors, woods used, inlays, etc...

Imagine wanting to look at all the Custom 24s that had brazilian rosewood necks or any PRS with the Nouveau inlays or Aqua Glow finish....

I'd love to get feedback from you guys good or bad, ideas to make better, etc...

FYI, I own a top web/design firm in atlanta and everyone in my office is a musician.

Beautiful guitars you have, Jchix!

I like the site design, too. Simple and clean.

I'll have to upload mine.

Thanks LSchefman - If you do sign up and post your collection, please let me know what you think (good or bad)! You'll be the first user besides me :cheers: I just launched it on Saturday.

Mgamm1ll - I sent you a PM. Looks like we have similar ideas.

Thanks LSchefman - If you do sign up and post your collection, please let me know what you think (good or bad)! You'll be the first user besides me :cheers: I just launched it on Saturday.

Mgamm1ll - I sent you a PM. Looks like we have similar ideas.

My....ummm..."collection" consists of two guitars. LOL. ;)

That just mean I have to get one so I can join in the fun ! lol

I had the idea about 3-4 years ago to build a website to showcase all the PRS Private Stocks/Collections guitars.. all 5000ish!

I'm curious if there would be any interest in this?

In short, it would allow viewers to look at all the PRS Private Stocks ever made along with pictures and specs. There would be no contact info for the guitars unless the person wanted to put an email address or contact form to allow others to contact them. Perhaps for purchase or just to ask questions about the guitar. I don't want to take anything away from this forum at all... but I love looking at private stocks and dreaming of builds. I've owned probably 15 private stocks over the last 8 or 9 years. Some I sorely regret selling and wish I could buy them back if I could locate them.

The site would allow users to upload their own pictures and specs all on their own. It would require someone (me) to approve the uploads just make sure people are uploading bogus stuff. There would also be a way to search for specific specs like: model, colors, woods used, inlays, etc...

Imagine wanting to look at all the Custom 24s that had brazilian rosewood necks or any PRS with the Nouveau inlays or Aqua Glow finish....

I'd love to get feedback from you guys good or bad, ideas to make better, etc...

FYI, I own a top web/design firm in atlanta and everyone in my office is a musician.

LOVE it!! Count me in!

I would certainly waste some hours looking at that site. Hope to contribute one day.

This is an excellent idea.

If you're open to it, may I suggest that you design a catalog system whereby you could search by number, by design trait, wood type, etc. I can see you might be able via tagged words, but if you had a catalog type searchability... that would be sick. Imagine being able to call up ranges of guitars. Like the first ten Paul's guitars in Collection, or whatever. Would be sweet to view the congregation.

Nice work, by the way!

Great idea, I would be happy to contribute!!

This would be awesome. Would also be cool to add in as much pre-factory content as possible, so there can be no doubt when someone Googles "PRS pre-factory".

Prototypes would be cool too... :)

Back