One song to learn during quarantine!

I'm going through and learning all the A Perfect Circle songs I've wanted to learn while I'm home. Did The Hollow. Just need to finish learning some parts of The Outsider, then want to move on to Orestes, Judith, and Thomas. Also learning some Alice in Chains songs because they're in C# Standard/Drop Db tuning as well. All these songs are probably intermediate

I could tell that you are a member of a younger generation not because of your music selection, but by fact that you play a left-handed guitar, that is, unless the video is mirror image. I am left-handed, but play guitar right-handed and I am glad that I was forced to learn that way by the non-existence of left-handed guitars when I started to play. I do not remember encountering a left-handed guitar in a shop until well into the 80s. Personally, I would recommend against left-handed guitarists learning to play on left-handed instruments not only because it is darn near crippling when it comes to guitar selection, but also because having one’s dominant hand on the fingerboard is a major advantage, especially when playing electric guitar. Guitar orientation was selected back when one’s picking hand did most of the intricate work.

I used to have most of Sting’s version of Little Wing down. I need to revisit that.

I love that version more than original. Hiram’s solos leave those on the original wanting, but the chord progression lacks the Curtis Mayfield-style playing employed by Jimi.

Back