One song to learn during quarantine!

Amazing Grace - I’ve been trying to work out an arrangement splicing two chromatic scales together. It was the last piece of music my mom kept, so I felt I should come up with a respectable guitar version.

Autumn Leaves, the Beethoven one.

I don’t know what level to assign, but Beethoven didn’t write for guitar and I’m working from the piano score.

Beginner - You Got To Hide Your Love Away - Beatles Acoustic Guitar
Intermediate - After Hours - Ronnie Jordan
Advanced - I Wish - Rick Braun version - I plan to play all horn parts on my guitar and put the keyboards & bass on a looper machine
God - There are many songs that I have been working on for years - How about "Classical Gas" on nylon string guitar?

I'd love to learn a song while we're living like hermits. Unfortunately, this is my "normal" for at least two more weeks. Sucks!

50GKO0g.jpg

Very sorry to hear, Bodia. Do your best to not aggravate and you'll be playing soon! I have my thumb issues, too, have to be really careful with my fretting hand, I can't put any direct thumb pressure or - OUCH dayum that hurts.

Very sorry to hear, Bodia. Do your best to not aggravate and you'll be playing soon! I have my thumb issues, too, have to be really careful with my fretting hand, I can't put any direct thumb pressure or - OUCH dayum that hurts.
Thanks dude!

Some kind of tendinosis (De Quervain's) or Gamekeepers Thumb. Hurts like hell, but only when I move it. :eek:
Ouch. Sorry to hear. I've said before, my left thumb used to be double jointed, which was really nice for guitar playing, but after having it ripped backwards playing basketball a few times, scarring made it to where it's no longer double jointed, and doesn't even have a normal range of motion. Still, I remember how painful those thumb injuries were, and how hard it is to DO STUFF without a thumb.

Ouch. Sorry to hear. I've said before, my left thumb used to be double jointed, which was really nice for guitar playing, but after having it ripped backwards playing basketball a few times, scarring made it to where it's no longer double jointed, and doesn't even have a normal range of motion. Still, I remember how painful those thumb injuries were, and how hard it is to DO STUFF without a thumb.
Thanks brother. Yep, old sports injury was the initial cause. At least 20 years ago, playing softball, trying to block the plate on a player trying to score. So much for those "no contact/slide to avoid contact" rules.

God - There are many songs that I have been working on for years - How about "Classical Gas" on nylon string guitar?
I took this with me on vacation to give another try but didn’t get around to it.
As I recall from the last time I tried it, much of it isn’t too bad once you get a rhythm going...and have someone to turn pages.

As an advanced beginner/early intermediate, I'm learning Country Road by John Denver. Almost have it down.

Back