One Night :: One Show :: One Cause 2013

rugerpc

A♥ hoards guitars ♥A Soldier 25, DFZ
For 14 years PRS has partnered with Johns Hopkins Hospital to give back to the community. It started in 2000 at the Bulle Rock Golf Club and grown and evolved every year. This year's event was a concert by the Doobie Brothers with a VIP pre-show reception, concert and auction in the Modell Lyric Opera House in Baltimore. Paul said that this year's event was on track to raise a half a million dollars for Hopkins!

The VIP party featured a good crowd:

dbvip1.jpg

Small plates and open bar:

dbvip2.jpg
dbvip3.jpg

An acoustic concert by Matt Scannell:

dbvip4.jpg

Hey - is that PRSh puttin' the move on my girl? or is it the other way around?

dbvip5.jpg

Last edited:
It is great that PRS does this. There are a couple of those auction guitars that I wish I could have picked up.

Bangin'! What's up with the "This Machine Kills Fascists" guitar with Shawn's face painted on it?

Very cool. Thanks for posting. Matt Scannell and Vertical Horizon were big influences for me in college. It's cool to see him getting some stage time.

Matt joined the Doobies on stage for the encore - I'll find the pic later today...

Last edited:
Great post Bill. Thanks for the pics.

Which auction item did you win?

None, dammit!

They were way outta my reach - $5, 8, 10K. The room was full of Big Money - and that was just the wives.

I was jonesing for Paul's guitar, the 12 string, the Santana, the Ravens' guitar and the Doobie's guitar...

Next year, any forum members close should should try to go as a group!

Well, I think we did go as a group Bill - I think I sat directly to your right (AA 105).

Hope the glare off my shiny skull didn't mess up too many of your pictures...

Shultzie

Well, I think we did go as a group Bill - I think I sat directly to your right (AA 105).

Hope the glare off my shiny skull didn't mess up too many of your pictures...

Shultzie

Holy Crap on a Cracker! Yup, the missus and I were in AA103 and AA104! I wish I knew you were a forum member! :cheers:

How'd you like the zebra girls in 106 and 107?

Last edited:
Holy Crap on a Cracker! Yup, the missus and I were in AA103 and AA104! I wish I knew you were a forum member! :cheers:

How'd you like the zebra girls in 106 and 107?

Oh they were great - I'm surprised I didn't wear any of their (many) drinks.

Zebra girl beside me wouldn't stop coughing, And she kept going 'Woooooooh!' every-time Pat and John were doing the delicate finger picking stuff. All my pictures have her arms waving in them.

I know people wanna have fun and all, but they took the edge off of having front-row seats...

We'll catch up next time, Bill

Shultzie

Oh they were great - I'm surprised I didn't wear any of their (many) drinks.

Zebra girl beside me wouldn't stop coughing, And she kept going 'Woooooooh!' every-time Pat and John were doing the delicate finger picking stuff. All my pictures have her arms waving in them.

I know people wanna have fun and all, but they took the edge off of having front-row seats...

We'll catch up next time, Bill

Shultzie

I thought I was gonna wear her drink too.

It's hard to maintain an open glass when you're jumping up and down like a crazed pogo stick. She had a serious hot for the bass player... :rofl:

I'm glad I got the pics I did before she started hanging from the stage by her ****s!

And, no, fellow members - I didn't get a pic and no you wouldn't have wanted to see it.

Last edited:
Back